The Big Dirty Weekender Aftermath Thread

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Big Dirty Weekender II.

Full report and pictures to come. For now I would just like to thank each and every one of the Weekenders who made it another very special weekend. Biggest thanks to that man Gil_M for getting 32 riders around a tough route in sometimes challenging conditions.
Great to see friends old and new and I look forward to seeing your pics.

Much more to follow no doubt.

PICS PART 1

1.jpg

Carbo Loading

2.jpg

Mr Orange

weekendpics060.jpg

weekendpics012.jpg

Test Pilot

weekendpics062.jpg

Cloudbusting

weekendpics063.jpg

Leave them all behind

weekendpics065.jpg

Long and winding road

weekendpics068.jpg

Cult Leader

weekendpics069.jpg

Splash and Burn

weekendpics070.jpg

Train-ing

weekendpics071.jpg

Greengrass

weekendpics072.jpg

The Bends

weekendpics075.jpg

Kentucky Fried

weekendpics078.jpg

Lines

weekendpics083.jpg

TedC- Man of the Match

weekendpics084.jpg

Mint Lee

weekendpics087.jpg

Cometh the Hour...Cometh the Gaffer

weekendpics088.jpg

Mega Alpine Star

weekendpics089.jpg

Into the trees

weekendpics090.jpg

Going...

weekendpics091.jpg

Going...

weekendpics092.jpg

Gone :LOL:

weekendpics093.jpg

Chickens

weekendpics099.jpg

Lunch at Last

weekendpics102.jpg

A Bridge Too Far?

weekendpics117.jpg

Under the weather

weekendpics114.jpg

Going Home

weekendpics107.jpg

Travellers Rest

weekendpics108.jpg

Just one more hill

Finally the BDW team would like to dedicate this years ride to the memory of John Andrew Baxter who passed peacefully on the morning of the ride.
RIP

great day on saturday, what a turnout too, think we had 32 riders?

ride was superb, not too tough not too long, just about ideal. that downpour before lunch was a much needed relief from the heat, it was very close all day.

only grumble was the fact my rear wheel gave up on the very last decent, it started to wobble a bit and under inspection a nipple had pulled through the rim :cry: never mind......

sorry for rushing back home, forgot to get my gear off john and some other stuff.......spent last night taking the wife to hospital.......

looking forward to the pics, sure there is one on the last section of me getting some air...... :LOL:

So annoyed to miss this (bloody shutdown, 31 days in work !!) hope you all had a good time :cry: :cry:

Got back just now - couldn't persuade anybody else to ride today :LOL:

Fantastic weekend, my photos won't do it justice, I'll leave that for others, but have uploaded a couple of videos of the trials competition (only open to people with size 10 or 11 feet :shock: :LOL:) between Dr S and Longun.

It was a well fought contest but Longun won out at the end and won himself a pair of Size 11 Poobahs :D

Dr S:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqgivSlgjNM

Longun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jEfey7KO58

Top weekend (drive up excepted). Big thanks to DrS & Gil for all the organization and planning. Looking forward to the pic's.

Just back and car unpacked.

Big big thanks to Si and Gil for a fantastic weekend :D

It was nice to meet some new faces and I hope you all had a safe trip home.

Looking forward to the pics now.

Just got back and need to sleep a little more now. Turns out Bombay Mix isn't suitable on it's own as a means of extending my drinking ability. :oops:

Had a brilliant time and was well chuffed to win a prize. Massive thank you to all involved in setting up the event, I'll look forward to the next one. :D

Will post up some pictures when I feel a bit better. :LOL:

Back