sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
The Annual Retrobike ‘Mr. K’s Day in the Peaks’ Ride 2010
:: Date: Saturday 25th September 2010
:: Distance/time: 20 miles approx spread out over a full day's riding with plenty of fuel stops and banter.
:: Meeting at: Woodbine Cafe, Hope at 10:30am for 11:00am start.
[Restricted on road parking and a Pay and Display car park ~ Regular trains from Manchester and Sheffield]
:: Directions: Grid Ref: SK170835 ~ Postcode: S33 6RD
:: Accommodation: Plenty of options in and around the Hope Valley, including a campsite about half a mile from the start point, and the infamous Woodbine B&B.
:: Terrain: Rocky and natural Peak District tracks and trails with long climbs and longer descents. Can be a bit exposed on the moors so be prepared if the weather is inclement. Some short road sections but mostly off road. A few steep technical drops and plenty of rocks, glorious views and fast descents.

2835401791_8616d440e1_b.jpg

Year on year Mr. K has built this event into the pinnacle of the Retrobike calendar and this year he has kindly given the NW&NW Area group the honour of organising this great event, no pressure then…

The route is a classic and is the same which has been used for the past two years. Here is link to Mr. K’s guide:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 2f3b3&z=12

Aftermath threads for both these years can be found below, i'm sure 2010 will be just as successful:

Aftermath 2008
Aftermath 2009

Hope to see you there

im in again,wont be stayin over tho, but will leave late again after shandies and very late food lol

cant wait :D

All being well I'm hoping to get to this one :D

An absolute classic.

Will be staying in Castleton on the Friday night again so up for a few beers in Hope again if anyone fancies it.

:oops: ...you guys!

Does sound good though - might turn out for old time's sake... ;-)

Credit to Max Retroking who helped recce this route a couple of years ago.

Mr K

mrkawasaki":1kh82blw said:
:oops: ...you guys!

Does sound good though - might turn out for old time's sake... ;-)

Credit to Max Retroking who helped recce this route a couple of years ago.

Mr K
Its a classic route/event, no need to tamper with either the route or format. Any chance of a Mr. K / Max quiz on the Saturday night?

I've managed to find reasonable accomodation (most places are already fully booked). There are some vacancies available still so if anyone wants to avoid the Woodbine please PM me ASAP and I will make a block booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back