MacRetro Big Clan Gathering - Sat 23rd Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
BIG CLAN GATHERING

MacRetro invites all the Retrobike Clans to a Gathering on Saturday 23rd October 2010 at Glentress MTB centre, part of the 7stanes trails, in the Tweed Valley near Peebles, Scotland.

Event commences from 1030 at the lower main carpark by the hub.
Two groups will set off up the hill, Elite(fit...ish) will go up the Black Route, Others(unfit or with kids) will go up the Red Route. Both groups will merge at the top of Spooky Wood at 1230. Then its all down the red to the freeride park and associated mucking about and chat :D

Lunch then further tomfoolery which may involve time trialing a section and or a freewheeling comp over a section knowns as Mushroom Pie.

In the evening a BBQ is spoken of with associated drinkies by the Pod accomodation behind the hub. Bring your own drinkies and food to sacrifice to the BBQ. No doubt much silliness will result :LOL:

On Sunday if anyone is still alive and the weathers OK then its off to Innerleithen for its XC course or another go of Glentress.

After that its GOOD BYE and GO BLESS ;)

Go on you know you want to, its something good to do as the nights are drawing in :D

Express your interest below ..................
MacretroPoster.jpg

I'm in. Really looking forward to it. I hope I'm not the only Englander to venture over the border- MacRetro rides are not to be missed, great craic, good riding and friendly company. The trails are superb and the midges should have gone by then.

Don't miss out on this one guys!!

I'll be there...

There may be a couple of kids there too so if you have younger retrobikers and are willing to look after them they will have some company.
The pace for this group will be behind the main group but is likely to follow the same routes... or if you are my son probably just do spooky woods then hang around the freeride park.

If you want to stay over we are thinking of using the wooden wigwams at glentress, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Just marked this date in my organizer... I'll come with full rigid bike... Hope I'll be still in one piece after Glentress routes?

Should be fine Rado. I'll be bringing the Stumpy, although will probably fit flexstem :D

Some of the black route is pretty rocky, but I think we are missing most of that out, and there's nothing on the red or blue that will really trouble a rigid - some of my most enjoyable rides at GT have been on my rigid Hardrock... Although nice fat tyres probably helped and might not be a bad idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back