Herefordshire Road Ride - Aftermath

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Great day out. Many thanks to Ed for organising route and apres ride grub.

More to follow later...

Let me second that, and add the excellent pub stop.....with plenty of cheese :D
Good to see all the old bikes (and some old riders) giving it large in the Hereford countryside.

Great day out with some great company. Thanks to Ed and family for the post ride grub ( not sure about the pickled egg/jammy scone combo though ) :LOL:

Retrobikerouteprofile.jpg

Great ride chaps, here's a few memories and photos:

- top selection of old steel (and it was only old steel) with The Guvnor on an early 90s EM Corsa Extra, Del on an early 80s Colnago Master, Dave on a mid 80s Colnago Master, the Alex's on an 81 Bianchi and a 1990 Harry Quinn respectively and me relatively modern on a 1991 Zullo.

- taking part in the half wheel challenge with John

- bike of the day has to go to Alex's stunning Bianchi with just the right amount of pantographed kit and to top it off he was riding tubs. Chapeau, mon ami.

- sandwich of the day goes to The Guvnor's 'pound of cheese in a loaf sawn in half' lunchtime snack

- Del riding a classic Italian bike in a pair of Specialized mountain bike boots

- "three socks for a pound". You had to be there.

- The Guvnot Shlecking a gear change as he attacked on the final climb.

- the indignity of being outsprinted at the end of my own ride. Le Guvnor est mort, vive le Patron.

Attachments

• Caught red handed.JPG
    Caught red handed.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 13,088
  • Grimpeur's Sandwich.JPG
    Grimpeur's Sandwich.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 13,088
Great ride indeed, those who couldn't make it really missed out. Ed put together a top ride through the virtually traffic free lanes of the Herefordshire countryside. For those interest an overview of the route can be found here > http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41637863

Highlights for me.

-Good ride & good company

-EdEdwards 50 mile half wheel challenge

-Cracking views

-Everyone on retro

-Del's MTB boots

-The pub stop with it's door stop sandwich. Surely a fixture for next time.

-Apres ride food. Big thanks to Ed, Mrs Ed and Ed's mum for the tucker. If only every ride was catered so well.

A few pics

main.php

The laughing group

main.php

The grand chien

main.php

The group

main.php

A few bikes

Sounds/looks good! Perhaps this event could become a traditional last day of the Tour event??

Will do this next time...

Mr K

Back