Peterborough Vintage Classic Ride Aug 1st.

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Peterborough Vintage Cycle Club are holding a Classic Bike ride on August 1st and are happy for Retrobike members to join in. The event will start in Fotheringhay near Peterborough at 9.30 for 10.00am with a 30mile ride in the morning before returning for lunch and then an optional 15 mile ride after. All done in a leisurely manner!

The organiser would like an idea of numbers in order to provide catering so if anyone's interested, please PM me with e-mail details and I can send a PDF with all the information.

Road, Offroad, mix of both ?

and there idea of Vintage is the proper Vintage

Peterborough has one of the oldest cycle clubs in the UK which is still very active The Peterborough Cycling Club. The Peterborough Vintage club is the oldest of the vintage cycle clubs which is still in existence. The idea of a vintage club came about on cycle ride to the Birmingham Festival of Cycling in 1951. At a meeting on the 20th of October in 1952 the club was formed.

Definitely all on road. They are a member of the National Association of Vintage Cycle Clubs whose date line for bikes stops at (I think) 1935. However, there are 'elements' in the Association whose interests go beyond that date hence this ride and the High Wycombe one posted on here a month or two back.

Back