Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Going to use this thread to outline the retrobike plans for MM 2010. Stay tuned and come back often as plans unfold. Check the bottom of my thread for the team lists.

The Date

Friday 18th - Sunday 20th June 2010

The Camp

This year we plan to have one large camping area (if we can get there early enough to bagsy a good space ;) The camp will consist of the following

-Central marquee for leisure time, BBQs and sheltering from the scorching sun we are owed this year.
-Trackside supporters / heckling tent.
-Show tent / pit area (rather than having a stand in the main arena this year).
-Probably some tents

Itinerary

Thursday
First arrivals and stake camp

Friday
Most will arrive Friday.
Friday afternoon 16:00 - Mr K's Social Bimbling Pre Course Ride Out + Prizes (for best Retro Accessorising - bike and human!)
Friday evening from 19:00ish - Retrobike 5th anniversary BBQ including a celebrity special Retrobike Mods and AECs versus Allcomers in the Garden Jenga face-off...

See below for more BBQ details ;)

Saturday
Saturday morning - Repair bikes. Buy pointless modern tat from main arena.
Saturday afternoon - Race and heckling; sunset DJs...

Sunday

Sunday morning - Race and more heckling (esp. people with beards; unicyclists; Edwards...)
Sunday afternoon - Stop racing - please support all our Retrobike teams to the end!

Retrobike 5th anniversary BBQ

Given it's the RETROBIKE 5TH ANNIVERSARY BBQ we will be laying on some basic food and drink as follows -

-Sasauges
-Burgers
-Rolls
-Ketchup
-Ale and Lager
-Soft drinks

If you're after anything more exciting please bring it along. Also if you'd like to offer anything for the group please post up here or drop me a PM (as CAS already kindly has done).

Spicy marmelade! - CAS

Entertainment will be from DJ Kawasaki & DJ Edwards spinning rare Neil Diamond remixes and cutting edge tracks from Glee...

T-Shirts

Every year we do T-Shirts. If you'd like on please register your interest here.

The Teams

Details from the official list, to be updated, please PM me your team details!

Retrobike Twinkles and Wrinkles
Jon H - jonnyboy666
John V - John
Sarah J - ?
Jonathan W - Green Rabbit
Richard S - ?
Neil C - ?
David B- ?
James S - Gravy Monster
Max B - Retroking#1
Karl Hungus - Saturday laps only...

River Runs Though It
Simon C - Simod
Jimmy T - Rivermaster
Mark G
Iain B
Peter B (DJ)
Graham V
Nick R
Rob A
Mike T
Graham H - Heathy aka GhD transit

Retrobike Team Tad
Tad K - ibelieveinfixies

Retrobike Flatlanders
Neil J
Mark N - Average Mark
Danny W - Cannondale King
Kevin L - Jango

Retrobike Nervous Wrecks
Joe R - Joe
Augustus F- Wutangled
Sarah - Mutangled
Chris H -

Retrobike NWA (Northerners with Amplitude)
Mark S - Sinnett177
Paul A - drystonepaul
Christopher W -
Neil R - MrKawasaki

Retrobike West Midlands
Andy C - Gump
Scott P - Softi
Chris J - Chris
SPACE

Retrobike South Midlands Area
David J - daj
Carol S - CAS
Michael R - Grannygrinder
Mat D - Rocky
Darryl B- n/a

RB Stickers and Merchandise

As always will bring along a load of RB logo stickers for people's bikes. Will also bring a few url stickers to go on racer's bikes if they lack RB stickers ;)

Will also have with me
-Baseball hats
-Beanie hats
-A few mugs
-The last of the courier bags

So if you want anything either give me a shout at MM or beforehand...

OK, so looks like I'm not in any teams which is a slight oversight. Any spares spaces on a ten man team ;)

John":2vrhypac said:
OK, so looks like I'm not in any teams which is a slight oversight. Any spares spaces on a ten man team ;)
I have one on a 4 man team Guv. If you don't fancy a 4 maybe someone from a 10 is willing step up to a 4 man team?

sinnett177":1siyg7ho said:
John":1siyg7ho said:
I have one on a 4 man team Guv. If you don't fancy a 4 maybe someone from a 10 is willing step up to a 4 man team?

Nice one Mark. Have you PM'd the illustrious Mr K??

i thought you were replacing linsay in the 10 as she double booked herself and can't join us now?

jonnyboy666":b94z9h2x said:
i thought you were replacing linsay in the 10 as she double booked herself and can't join us now?

Possibly but I believe AN Other was lined up.

It'll all come out in the wash...

John":m24g5hzt said:
sinnett177":m24g5hzt said:
John":m24g5hzt said:

Nice one Mark. Have you PM'd the illustrious Mr K??
He's such a girl, I feel like i'd be wasting my time asking.

Seriuosly though if anyone wants a crack at a 4 man team please get in touch. It cost me £220 to enter a 4 man team and after 1 rider was forced to bail i'm now £55 out of pocket :shock:

still got 440ft of rope in car from last year for ropeing of base camp ,gona try and get down thursday butmore than likely early friday .gail and aaron aint comeing this year so if anyone needs a lift from the northwest area your welcome to jump in

John":3j6hh8sd said:
jonnyboy666":3j6hh8sd said:

Possibly but I believe AN Other was lined up.

It'll all come out in the wash...

Have PM'd you John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back