Status
Not open for further replies.

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The south & West Midlands proudly present ........

The 2010 Forest of Dean summer Ride !!

DSC_0236.jpg

Get them calenders marked up as you dont want to miss this one, without a doubt one of the highlights of the Retrobike calender.

For anyone who has never visited the Forest its genuinely magical place, where you can really get away from it all and blast some of the finest singletrack known to man. Tucked between the rivers Wye, Leadon and Severn in western Gloucestershire its pretty cental for most people to get to not far off the M5 :D

Our usual high standards of Guiding this year will include the Ededwards and Del show .... So if you bring them bouncing bikes expect to feel the pain!! :LOL:

The finer details will be added nearer the time

So attach you interest here and prepare for one of your 2010 riding highlights :cool:

Attendees:
Ededwards
Del
Laurence
Grannygrinder
Gravy Monster
rc200ti
John
Lookback
MagD
keitht
Chris

On the day details:
- meet at the Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/contact.html at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start
- plan is for 3 hours or so of stunning singletrack then a pub lunch at The Fountain in Parkend (no need to book the pub lunch, we'll just show up)
- post lunch is a ride back towards the Cycle Centre on more singletrack (an hour or so with no ups so the lunch should stay down) then a number of loop options depending on interest/when people have to get depart/weather (and if there's keenness all sorts of longer options)
- bike choice? Rigid or suspension forks fine
- tyre choice? Anything in skinwall
- brakes? V's or cantis fine

Looks good. May be get a BB and stay over.

Knowing how rubbish the trains are under private ownership i wont be able to get a train.

Mmmm...I'll check my work calender, and hopefully make this one

Well...as usual...thats the way the cookie crumbles....have to work :evil: :evil:

ededwards":2burcjwh said:
A little something to whet the appetite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMQZcFwdiM , shot in the Forest on Saturday just gone.

Brilliant Ed! I felt decidedly seasick watching it, twisting, turning and ducking while sitting in my swivel chair! Great trail, I'd love to be there but it's 99.99% certain I won't.

The FoD is one of my favourite locations in UK, never MTB'ed there but I have had a lifelong great interest in the industrial archaeology and railway history of the area. Fascinating subject to learn about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back