The south & West Midlands proudly present ........
The 2010 Forest of Dean summer Ride !!
Get them calenders marked up as you dont want to miss this one, without a doubt one of the highlights of the Retrobike calender.
For anyone who has never visited the Forest its genuinely magical place, where you can really get away from it all and blast some of the finest singletrack known to man. Tucked between the rivers Wye, Leadon and Severn in western Gloucestershire its pretty cental for most people to get to not far off the M5
Our usual high standards of Guiding this year will include the Ededwards and Del show .... So if you bring them bouncing bikes expect to feel the pain!!
The finer details will be added nearer the time
So attach you interest here and prepare for one of your 2010 riding highlights
On the day details:
- meet at the Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/contact.html
at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start
- plan is for 3 hours or so of stunning singletrack then a pub lunch at The Fountain in Parkend (no need to book the pub lunch, we'll just show up)
- post lunch is a ride back towards the Cycle Centre on more singletrack (an hour or so with no ups so the lunch should stay down) then a number of loop options depending on interest/when people have to get depart/weather (and if there's keenness all sorts of longer options)
- bike choice? Rigid or suspension forks fine
- tyre choice? Anything in skinwall
- brakes? V's or cantis fine