Mountain Mayhem 2020 Isolation 24hr ride

MarinMartin":1033108i said:
My_Teenage_Self":1033108i said:
I'm totally up for this, but how to make it work...?

:)

Might be a logistical nightmare but what about if we planned beforehand a rough time slot for everyone same as if we were at Mayhem. Then have a whatsapp group that you send a message to when you've finished your 'lap' so the next person (hopefully ready to go) can set off as soon as the previous rider gets back.

Could have a thread on here with an up to date feed of how it's getting on so if anyone can't use whatsapp they can keep an eye out on here near their timeslot.

Or the simple way is just to pick a 1 hour timeslot, ride at that time and if it overlaps a rider slightly then it's not the end of the world. Everyone posts a photo from their ride to prove them doing it?

Yeah, keep it simple...one hour time slots and some silly photos....

Re:

My 17 pence worth

Use the teams you had planned for and decide a time that suites between you as a group. Take pics and post

Solo, do the same but obviously a 24 hour exercise ride ain't gonna happen.so be creative haha.

Re:

I'm up for the 1hr time slots or something still based around our teams.

But if this Covid-19 silliness is still going on I am going to suggest that we don't ride during the dark hours. We can't afford any accidents and the extra burden that we could put on the NHS (there that's my bit to keep nursey wife happy).

Re: Re:

munkey_bwy":3jvdiegq said:
I'm up for the 1hr time slots or something still based around our teams.

But if this Covid-19 silliness is still going on I am going to suggest that we don't ride during the dark hours. We can't afford any accidents and the extra burden that we could put on the NHS (there that's my bit to keep nursey wife happy).

^^ What he said. I had to take my son to A&E yesterday as he crashed his bike. A&E is not a nice place to be at the best of times, but you definitely don't want to be there at the moment.

SP

Back