Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

Ha, I wondered when those photos of me jumping after beer would turn up.

@my teenage self, did you sell the Marin?

sthodgson":tiqnufuw said:

The last one is so retro....could have been in the Fat-Tire Flyer (without the cars in the back ground).

sthodgson":1891sr4r said:

@my teenage self, did you sell the Marin?

I just wish Gerard has panned round a little further and caught you stacking it just before the trees and then blaming the brakes..

It belonged to Mike - splatterpaint and yes he sold it on to Peachy for Peachy Jnr to rebuild as a project bike with wild abandonment

Oh damn. I’m terrible with names. I remember now. Did he ride it on lap? Was surprisingly fun to ride but probably quite tiring over distance.

Great photos everyone!

sthodgson":1qdbq1c1 said:
Oh damn. I’m terrible with names. I remember now. Did he ride it on lap? Was surprisingly fun to ride but probably quite tiring over distance.

Great photos everyone!

I think Splater got his best time with it!
But now the boy Peachy is planning a paint job extraordinaire!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=398031&start=20

My_Teenage_Self":1d1uum32 said:
That Marin jump was epic.

Full commitment. Full disaster.

.... and then claim the brake block went under the rim - totally wasn’t the beer (honest)

Yeah, those brakes. And the suspension. They are the reasons for the crash, not trying to be clever after too many beers. The photos are the second round.

sthodgson":1qixczm8 said:

Great photos everyone!

I rode many laps on it! The bloody thing was more comfortable and quicker than my Kona Kula Supreme! :evil: Even after Peachy handed over the cash I took it out again :LOL:

After the brake pads bedded in and I got the suspension dialled in (1 turn more preload up the front and a bit less pressure in the rear shock) it was a great ride. All the downhills were dispatched with ease after I got rid of the shite 80s tyres. Thank you MarinMartin for the rear tyre!

SP

@Regan, Those jerseys were epic. You could EASILY pick out any retrobiker and they stood out far better than any other team kit IMO.

May I suggest that the design becomes the non-official-but-kinda-official-in-an-unofficial-way Mayhem Jersey*?

*As I'm too cheap to buy another one next year...

Back