Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

legrandefromage":3hk3s9iy said:
oooh, the back to work morning come down...

Despite the aches lumps one lap, one lovely lap and a reasonably respectable time achieved apparently

So thank you for making the caveman welcome and thank you for the food and the coffee

Now its off to work
who were you? (race number)

Was at my desk at 7.30. Really not doing well.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":2c1jyqxh said:
I am super pleased to hear that everyone from RB had such a great time, and managed to contribute to the overall atmosphere of the event. Keep the pictures and reports coming.

While I am not really the competitive type, I am slightly interested to learn who managed the quickest lap time, and on what bike. Having seen both of these guys ride at the Brighton Big Dog, I reckon that it is likely to be Mike Muzz or perhaps more likely, Mike Splatter Paint.

Pip

Hi Pip,

If you're going to Big Dog this year, I'll see you there. Possibly as a spectator rather than racing, but we'll see

Mike

Full report to come, some pic's in the meantime.

For me, the finest bike there - yeah, I said it. All the best bits of "our" old bikes but with the best bits of now. And all of that is painted, not a decal in site. Top chaps at the Magura stand too.

bMEImc.jpg

Friday early afternoon, the calm before the storm...

TzlHjB.jpg

Filling up...

bvgRk8.jpg

Dusk...

aNsQec.jpg

The money shot Friday night :cool:

eekxwz.jpg

Saturday morning early doors and 30 minutes later most of the camp was fettling - I've never see so many people fiddling with bikes in one place :LOL:

4YNofR.jpg

Baby bike meets the grown ups. It had the last laugh though.

FHy3Nm.jpg

Time for a little stroll :LOL:

8AL1ay.jpg

Way too many serious faces here.

FFwTon.jpg

Couple of handover shots.

OcrmLc.jpg

fIOJ9B.jpg

NClghR.jpg

Final lap scenes - the stoke was off the chart all weekend.

4vaZeV.jpg

I can't wait to see the official photographs - they had some great spots around the course.

Re:

Thanks to all those from Retrobike who organised this weekend, and those who's passion, obsession and individual character made for a fun and relaxed time.

After a year of cycling inactivity I was in two minds whether to come and put my body through what I knew was going to be real pain (following a recent, failed, Hernia repair and another that needs repairing) The course wasn't the worst I have ridden but it was evident early on that my cardio, legs and hernia pain were going to make it hard going, my lap's consisted of short bursts, walking, nausea, shredded shins from my pedal studs, and trying to stop my internal organs bursting through my stomach wall :shock: :( And all the time my Explosif was trying to rip me to peices :D On the Retrobike hecker section I made the mistake of getting off to push up the hill and then noticed I couldn't bend my legs which is quite important for cycling I believe :cry: Thanks to the lad on our team (who's name escapes me :oops: ) who offered to finish the lap for me :cool:

Would I do it again - Damn right I would :LOL:

See you next year :cool:

P.S I'll be fitter, leaner and stronger - I PROMISE :LOL: :LOL:

widowmaker":24ofmtf0 said:
Thanks to all those from Retrobike who organised this weekend, and those who's passion, obsession and individual character made for a fun and relaxed time.

After a year of cycling inactivity I was in two minds whether to come and put my body through what I knew was going to be real pain (following a recent, failed, Hernia repair and another that needs repairing) The course wasn't the worst I have ridden but it was evident early on that my cardio, legs and hernia pain were going to make it hard going, my lap's consisted of short bursts, walking, nausea, shredded shins from my pedal studs, and trying to stop my internal organs bursting through my stomach wall :shock: :( And all the time my Explosif was trying to rip me to peices :D On the Retrobike hecker section I made the mistake of getting off to push up the hill and then noticed I couldn't bend my legs which is quite important for cycling I believe :cry: Thanks to the lad on our team (who's name escapes me :oops: ) who offered to finish the lap for me :cool:

You Did an awesome job Edd much respect ;)

kingbling":1lvnbc8k said:
widowmaker":1lvnbc8k said:

You Did an awesome job Edd much respect ;)

Next year I am going to be in the almost standing still/barely moving team :D

As the song goes 'Things can only get better'

widowmaker":2p431gfb said:

You were! The super-relaxed team did more laps than us! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Although I'm not sure what happened to Liams laps, as they don't seem to have registered?

My_Teenage_Self":3lmquu4g said:
widowmaker":3lmquu4g said:

You were! The super-relaxed team did more laps than us! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Although I'm not sure what happened to Liams laps, as they don't seem to have registered?

Maybe being 'super relaxed' was the key to their success :)

Back