Queen Elizabeth Country Park MTB ride 28/4

Re:

If I remember right I thought we escaped just in the nick of time in the Surrey hills before it chucked it down!

Most trails should be ok, the red trail in the park gets slippery when wet.

I think you are correct, we did just escape. Maybe my luck is changing. Looks like it will get a soaking for most of the week How many are coming?

Re:

Well only one person has said they're definitely coming. If you come that will be three of us!

Re:

So, just thinking about the route and possible/probable leg implosion, will it be a loop with bailout options on the way around, or more of a there and back? I don’t really want to be back home much later than 3pm so that will be me back at the car around 2pm. Don’t want to destroy the fun for others, but just planning so I can let those who remain at home what is going on. I’m happy to find my own way back to the car if others want to carry on.

Re:

Ok, the plan is to do a traditional type xc route across the downs with an optional cafe stop in between. I'm guessing but wouldn't think that would take much more than a couple of hours, depending on how long the cafe stop is. Then once we're back at the starting point if you've had enough you can have a rest in the cafe or call it a day or we can do the blue route through the country park. It's pretty short and will probably take half an hour, maybe 45 mins. Then after that you can bail out or we can go out again and do the red route.

It's basically three different loops all starting and finishing at the same place so should be plenty of places to bail out, either way I'm sure we can get you back in your car by 2pm.

Re:

Sounds great! See you there. I’ll leave about half 8 so should be in that car park that loops off the a3 well before 10. Blue 56 plate Volvo v50.

Re:

Well we're starting and finishing at the café so it's optional if we want to have a second stop half way round. Could even have a third if you want?!

There is a temporary cafe at the country park whilst the main one is being refurbished so best to meet there before we start.

Re:

Got it. I guess the loos are still ok to use?
Have to think of these things at my age! :LOL:

Muzz

Back