MAY 2019 Retro Rigid Ride - Early 90's style

Re:

Just seen this. Pity it clashes with a big cx race in Winchester the same day!

Is there patience for a slow relic?

Attachments

• A8AFEB18-CC74-43CD-A4B0-BD2DB15DB56B.jpeg
    A8AFEB18-CC74-43CD-A4B0-BD2DB15DB56B.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 1,156
Tomianson":fbdu8ncr said:
The History Man":fbdu8ncr said:
Absolutely. Bet it’s not that slow anyway.
Don’t you believe it. But as the starting point is apparently 12 minutes from my door........... :roll:

The History Man":2zbholkc said:
Tomianson":2zbholkc said:
The History Man":2zbholkc said:
Absolutely. Bet it’s not that slow anyway.
Don’t you believe it. But as the starting point is apparently 12 minutes from my door........... :roll:
Winchecombe to swindon in 12mins. You must be supermans cousin.

Re: Re:

tim75":c3dcdnx2 said:
With a couple of weekends to go just wanted to check this all still happening on the 12th?
Hope so. Still planning on showing up myself anyway.

Hi all I checked the weather today and it looks like it will dry from friday and sat and sunday and 16deg on Sunday so yes lets go ahead.

still a 10 am start so lets meet up at 9.30 to get ready and start the ride at 10.

The car park will be empty apart from the odd dog walker so as you go into the car park bear hard right to park up by the area with the signs for the start of the Croft mtb course and will will do a bit of it on the start.

We will venture into relative wilderness so make sure you have plenty to drink and some food and fully charged phone and sensible list of spares including a few quid for the cafe (which charge like riverside cafes in Southwark).

Some of the route will be on flint/chalk and flint can bite back so I will be wearing knee and elbow pads from bitter experience.

So we will have a great time and plenty of retro pics to share.

I am really looking to riding my old dale as it is my lightest bike by a long way.

Back