Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Your right darkness doesn’t last long owing to it being soo close to the Salstice

However you will need lights up to an hour before propper darkness so that the slower riders coming home don’t do so in the dark

It Usually kicks in for riders after 9pm (dusk) however its not proper dark until 10pm I think there will be about six laps that will need lights - dawn is kinda my favourite and actually quite magical/spiritual in an atheist way

Attachments

• 4D47CC47-D51E-4E5F-9396-52521B3A72C1.jpeg
    4D47CC47-D51E-4E5F-9396-52521B3A72C1.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 107
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1h0a4s0m said:
todays up date on payments received - many thanks

with WWC we have now hit the magic number 50 :D

so in my book that's 49 Riders queuing up to meet World Champ Gav

Wow that's quite something! Looking forward to meeting some new faces! Seen enough of some of the old ones! :LOL: :LOL:
N.O.S faces are the best! :shock: Make what you will of that!

Muzza

Mike Muz 67":2t7r0hki said:
Retro Spud":2t7r0hki said:

Wow that's quite something! Looking forward to meeting some new faces! Seen enough of some of the old ones! :LOL: :LOL:

Muzza

How to win friends and influence people ^^^ -by Mike Muz

PeachyPM":3v9y39sy said:
Looking for some bar mounted (and possibly a lid mounted) LED lights. E-bay is packed with hundreds, all at temptingly low prices... but are they all S**t?

Any recomendations?
a Chinese set will do you fine for the weekend and probably into the winter or beyond. I have some friends who've used the Chinese eBay types for years. They sure lie about their lumens output but one on bike and one on helmet will do you just fine at a decent budget. Check YouTube reviews/real world usage for an idea. My mates swear by them. Some have failed quickly but most go for yonks. Proper VFM!

But if British is your thing and you don't necessarily buy into the HOPE branding (or pricing) then I can recommend Four4ths which is what I use. Again, not exactly cheap but extremely well engineered and MIB.

RickTheUncivil":ypxknwsm said:
I got some fairly cheap ebay ones, work fine

theres a long thread on the topic here that covers some of the available options: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=111279

Yeah…tried to read that but 66 pages?

regan_ev":ypxknwsm said:
PeachyPM":ypxknwsm said:
Looking for some bar mounted (and possibly a lid mounted) LED lights. E-bay is packed with hundreds, all at temptingly low prices... but are they all S**t?

Any recomendations?
a Chinese set will do you fine for the weekend and probably into the winter or beyond. I have some friends who've used the Chinese eBay types for years. They sure lie about their lumens output but one on bike and one on helmet will do you just fine at a decent budget. Check YouTube reviews/real world usage for an idea. My mates swear by them. Some have failed quickly but most go for yonks. Proper VFM!

But if British is your thing and you don't necessarily buy into the HOPE branding (or pricing) then I can recommend Four4ths which is what I use. Again, not exactly cheap but extremely well engineered and MIB.

So either £5 or £250? I was hoping for something in-between..... I guess for one night's arsing about I may as well just get a couple e-bay specials..

I use lezyne power drives. Good enough for us at our speed and last about an hour so take a spare.

The History Man":1bcr1gsj said:
I use lezyne power drives. Good enough for us at our speed and last about an hour so take a spare.

Ta

Retro Spud":2d0cabsc said:
Mike Muz 67":2d0cabsc said:
Retro Spud":2d0cabsc said:

Muzza

How to win friends and influence people ^^^ -by Mike Muz

How to lose friends and alienate people. -Mike Muz

How many are planning to turn up Friday? It's a maybe from me at the moment. If I can;t get there for Friday It'll be early Saturday. Apart from getting a good spot for camping what are the advantages of turning up early?

Back