Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

The History Man":287it27l said:
Did I misssomething

We thought perhaps you’d lost your phone, or were asleep hibernating?

Re:

Currently doing resistance training, doing it very well as I'm resisting training with 100% efficiency :D

However I have put myself down for a series of Brevet Populaire 100km Audax events so I'd better get some actual training in or accept lying on a roadside verge wheezing my last :facepalm:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":vwfibz4b said:
Currently doing resistance training, doing it very well as I'm resisting training with 100% efficiency :D

However I have put myself down for a series of Brevet Populaire 100km Audax events so I'd better get some actual training in or accept lying on a roadside verge wheezing my last :facepalm:
Listen very carefully, I will say this only once.

(Resistance Training?)

Re: Re:

The History Man":hu61budf said:
velomaniac":hu61budf said:

Listen very carefully, I will say this only once.

(Resistance Training?)

It’s futile.....

Mrs Bling is keeping me on my toes I've nearly lost a stone (only 1 1/2stone to go by the end of March :facepalm: ) since Xmas but I do have to avoid the cake section whilst out shopping and that is painful :( Only been out on the bike 3 times this year and did a couple of walks with the Mrs so need to up my game :roll:

Hi. It's been a long, long time since I was last on the RB forums. I'm here to ask some questions about the teams that you guys have entered in to the Mountain Mayhem this year.

1) Are you allowing team entry to non RB forum members?
2) Do you need to have a "retro" bike in order to join a team?

The reasons I ask is that I paid the price for a 10 man relaxed team for myself and some of my work colleagues. I've just gone back to those that put there names down and due to either their friends pulling out, or there wife is having a baby I'm left with only myself and 3 other riders :-(. I was thinking about cancelling the 10 man team I had paid for and if possible joining one of the 10 man teams you guys are running (if possible?).

I do have an old 1997 ProFlex Attack mountain bike, but it'll take quite a bit of work for me to get it raceworthy in time for the event. Most of the other guys in my team don't have retro bikes, just modern type. So yeah, I was just wondering if I can enquire about the possibility of getting myself and 3 other riders joined on to one of your teams? If not then I'm going to try and get the other spots in my ten man team filled, but this'll be a long shot.

If it helps I have already booked the Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday off work as I'm planning to get to the event at the point it opens, so I'm more than prepared to help out with any of the setup and teardown before and after the event.

Back