Cannock Turkey Twizzler, Thursday 27th December

Myshrall189

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well December is here, and no mention of Twizzling Turkeys seen so far, so here goes (much plagiarised from last years report).

The Cannock Turkey Twizzler 2018 Edition :xmas-big-grin:

:: Date: Thursday 27th December 2018
:: Distance/time: 14 miles or so spread out over 3/4 hours with plenty of stops, moaning and banter. Several short cut options available too.
:: Meeting at: Birches Valley Car Park, Cannock Chase. (£6 for the day - COIN ONLY) Please arrive by 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start. (yes that means you Pete)!
:: Directions: Postcode: WS15 2UQ
:: Terrain: Forest trails, mainly man made. Snow, ice and pools of stinking mud with occasional outbreaks of sunshine.
:: Route: The main ride will be the 'Monkey Trail' which we should complete by mid afternoon.
After a stop for food we always say we we'll head off for some more riding and perhaps a bit of off piste stuff. So any takers can bring a newer bike for lap 2! The lure of seasonal baked goods, mulled wine (possibly) and old bicycle tat on display (definitely) means that an extended banter session wins over more mud etc.

I have booked the sunshine, but cannot take responsibility if it does not turn up.

Ta for taking up the Twizzler Mantle.

Just realised that I haven’t ridden a bike off-road since...Last years Twizzler.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Hopefully will have got the bikes out of storage by then, so can make the somewhat extended drive to Cannock this year.

Re:

Been meaning to post this for ages - thanks Rich!

Count us in, obviously, just wouldn't be Xmas without it :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

i might be up for this one, i'll see how busy the shop is at the time, was only planning on doing 10-4 anyway on the day at most so i'll make a decision based on weather nearer the time :D

Re:

A little interest at last,,,
It would be lonely riding bone dry crisp trails on my own...

Mulled wine is being substituted for tequila this year.. its the future (ironic on a retro event I know).

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":2xl1sjb3 said:
A little interest at last,,,
It would be lonely riding bone dry crisp trails on my own...

I am a taste-leader :cool:

You on the other hand, are a fantasist :LOL:

Re:

Pete, I told you already, I have booked the sunshine.
It may be accompanied by wind, rain and snow, but we usually get at least 5 minutes of dry weather, just after we finish...

Are you riding titanium??

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":18wr4ubn said:
...we usually get at least 5 minutes of dry weather, just after we finish...

Are you riding titanium??

True, I do look forward to that bit! Possibly on something older and greener than that this time - there might be a strong leaning towards the eighties tanks from the NW contingent this year :xmas-big-grin:

Latest posts

Back