Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

For the last few years I’ve ended up riding across daybreak. It’s special but I think it’s time to let somebody else have that pleasure.

Oh look. A new page.

Re:

First time we did Mayhem I scheduled No1 son to ride at dawn, I thought he'd enjoy it.

After the race he was comparing his lap times, and that lap had not been as quick as some others, his comment was "I hate riding in the f*ckin dark!"....Ohhh good, well I'm glad the moment wasn't lost then... :facepalm:

Re: Re:

NeilM":1e21ryaa said:
First time we did Mayhem I scheduled No1 son to ride at dawn, I thought he'd enjoy it.

After the race he was comparing his lap times, and that lap had not been as quick as some others, his comment was "I hate riding in the f*ckin dark!"....Ohhh good, well I'm glad the moment wasn't lost then... :facepalm:

I'm not the least bit religious - but my 1st lap at day break was almost a spiritual experience, or as close as an atheist is going to get to having one!

however last years dawn lap landed up with me in the A&E tent at 04:45 - guess that's what you get for being greedy and grabbing it two years on the bounce

Re:

At least you had a nice scar as a memory of the event :LOL:

Can't wait for the night riding. Have to say I did rather enjoy a night lap last time. Mainly because I was less frightened. Couldn't see feck all in front of me and ended up taking on some of the technical bits that scared me in the daytime. I clearly remember thinking 'crikey that was a big drop' before realising which section it was. (the words weren't quite that polite, it was more along the lines of 'What the f**k was that'? followed by 'how the hell am I still on the bike'?)

Re:

I wonder what the new 'knob' will look like?

I loved the feel of the old one. It was great they way you could see everyone coming.

Lights, ramps, Andy's Diner, the Spud Van, the Beano man............

Maybe a poem to mourn the old ways and ring in the new?

Re: Re:

The History Man":2t7ys03v said:
I wonder what the new 'knob' will look like?

I loved the feel of the old one. It was great they way you could see everyone coming.

Lights, ramps, Andy's Diner, the Spud Van, the Beano man............

Maybe a poem to mourn the old ways and ring in the new?

Based on the melody of Auld Lang syne? Or too seasonal? :xmas-cool:

:xmas-big-grin: starting to accessorise for MM! :xmas-cool:

Attachments

• B0779644-1A11-44B0-96EB-31ADE7603BB8.jpeg
    B0779644-1A11-44B0-96EB-31ADE7603BB8.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 348
Back