Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3pcu91il said:
Drystone Paul used to get propper offended if you brought modern..... but since he hasn’t been around these parts for a looooong time now it’s not an issue

To be honest bring whatever you like, but one Retro would be great given it’s a Retro meeting... and the en-mass pre race course inspection on Friday afternoon is always a spectical and creates a lot of head turning for the little wheels - flat skinny bars - and arse up head down riding position !

Longun and Mike Muz will bring a dozen each - THM will bring the bizarre and Regan a perfect period correct Retro build ... and not forgetting Danson and Gerard with their AMP’s and other exotica

Oh and Any123 with a dozen of those Klien things with Di2

So long as you have fun no one’s gonna get precious.... it too relaxed for that !

I may need a bigger van next year!

Muzza

Retro Spud":2tyxf31z said:
My_Teenage_Self":2tyxf31z said:
Anyone ride anything modern, or is it all about properly embarrassing ourselves?
Drystone Paul used to get propper offended if you brought modern..... but since he hasn’t been around these parts for a looooong time now it’s not an issue...

I'll be riding my modern Breezer. At the rate I've been switching and selling bikes, it'll be my only option. The Breezer name keeps it retro though. Deffo gonna be embarrassingly slow, except on the downhill bits. It's the only time that bike goes fast!

sinnett177":2tyxf31z said:
Retro Spud":2tyxf31z said:
sinnett177":2tyxf31z said:
Interested ...

Cheers Mark
Nice one Mark, will be good to see yah again and also your collection of estays- ...

I’ll put you down for the third 10 man team along with Regan - who is also a follower of A-Stars ...
I only have the one astars up and running just now...
Great Mark, It'll be good to finally meet, and chat all things San Louis Obispo-related. As of today, I'm also now down to 1! :facepalm:

The History Man":2tyxf31z said:
Actually this may go up to an affiliated 5 man. He's thinking of making it a mates thing with out others who all turn 40 this year.

Youngsters. Watch this space.

The dreaded FOUR-OH :facepalm: (I hit that mark a few months ago. I don't feel my age though. I feel about 70.)

legrandefromage":2qhwqgif said:
If you are turning up, count me out.

If you think a few vaguely apologetic posts goes to make up for being a poisonous little shit and carrying on as if nothing has happened, you have it so very wrong.

Thanks all and apologies, it may still be months away but no.

I was there last year. And 2016. Had a great weekend first time. Hand was in plaster after breaking my thumb a months before it second time, enjoyed the beers and banter on the Friday night but left early on the Saturday afternoon to get home to my daughter.

Missed Malverns this year, but I' doing that next year as well.

Going to be a great double weekender.

Really looking forward to it all.

Re:

Oh dear, what's going on? Do I need to know, or just smile and wave?
So I'm trying to choose with bikes to bring. I'm thinking, one rigid with cantis, one hardtail with cantis, and one hardtail with vbrakes

Mike Muz 67":2u4lcf1a said:
So I'm trying to choose with bikes to bring. I'm thinking, one rigid with cantis, one hardtail with cantis, and one hardtail with vbrakes
Smile and wave.

Only 3? :shock:

Is there going to be a return of te MkIV Golf next year? Opposed to the Biggest van in Britain and a fleet of high seatpost low front end rigs like last year??

The History Man":14bodz97 said:
And it meant I almost missed this page!

Well as Ice breakers go I should be :D

But some how I’m feeling more :facepalm: to that ^

Mike Muz 67":3bcyp8oo said:

Will you be bringing that new CX bike

Retro Spud":6szp43u3 said:
Mike Muz 67":6szp43u3 said:

Will you be bringing that new CX bike

I do believe cx bikes aren't allowed KK

FD

Back