30th Sept. A Day in the Dirt - Hodgemoor Bike Park for 26ers

Gerard

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A Day in the Dirt presented by Hodgemoor Bike Park and 20sixmtb

Saw this on Facebook. They have moved the event location to near Amersham.
20sixmtb Retro Jam - a day of racing and celebrating all things 26

Now in its 4th year "The 26" has moved venues to Hodgemoor Bike Park.

£25 - Pre-Entry only to race

Free to come and watch or join in the dirt jam

This move allows us to grow the event and use more challenging terrain to test our beloved bikes on.

Celebrating 26" wheeled bikes of all ages you will race over ups, downs and technical timed sections to declare the overall winner.

Be prepared for a fun days racing and then off for prizes and a beverage (and food if you want it) at the local pub.

Location is Hodgemoor Bike Park here: HP7 0LU (postcode of the Pub) will be signposted from here.

Racing starts at 10 - sign on from 9am and expect to be in the pub for trophies by 2pm

Any 26" wheeled bike qualifies though be aware you will need something you can pedal uphill - but if you want to race your Brooklyn Machine Works DH rig you are welcome and I will personally help you push it up the hill.

The day will consist of old school style MTB racing using the same bike for a range of events including a spot of XC, Downhill, Climb, Trials

Best rider wins overall

https://www.facebook.com/events/381047892393791/

im at assen for bsb, same weekend as retro revolution as well. seems to be more events up and coming. love it :)

longun":2eyejbg2 said:
im at assen for bsb, same weekend as retro revolution as well. seems to be more events up and coming. love it :)

Didn't realise that was why you're ducking Coed-y-Brenin, that's ace!

Re:

fG9fJK.jpg

:LOL:

It was a really nice day. Great track conditions and a nice format: 2 sets of 2 laps of a very short XC course, 2 very short downhill loops then head to heads on downhill and uphill. I won't bore you with my excuses, needless to say I didn't come last but I didn't come first either :LOL:

Top people too. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics from the event.

Re:

Looks ace, really like the sound of the format. Disappointed I couldn't make it but fingers crossed there's another one...

Back