Mountain Mayhem Returns 2019 let the planning and BS begin

The History Man":35xjx925 said:
When we see him he has to say “hello, meconium”

:LOL: ... the word was familiar but couldnt quite remember what it was. Have been watching a few Marvel films with my daughter and it kind of reminded me of a super hero, or villian maybe!? also of a frame material once tried and long forgotten :LOL: but no, (unless Kirk tried to make a frame from it once :LOL: ) baby sh*t :facepalm: :LOL:

Location details revealed. No final details on the categories or rule changes just yet.

MOUNTAIN MAYHEM NEW VENUE ANNOUNCED

Mountain Mayhem®, the longest running 24hr mountain bike endurance event in the world, has today announced a brand new location for 2019 – the magnificent Marston Lodge in rural Northamptonshire.

Marston Lodge is a privately owned 700 acre arable and livestock farm with 100 acres of woodland, uniquely with very significant historic importance in British history extending back hundreds of years. Original fortifications were built by Celtic tribes, the Coritani and Catuvellauni, as the Welland Valley on which Marston Lodge is situated, formed the border.

The highest point of Marston Lodge land is Moot Hill, 188 metres above sea level. ‘Moot’ means ‘meeting place’ and this hilltop was hugely important in medieval Britain. In the woods there are earth ditches and ramparts still clearly visible today which are the remains of a Norman Motte and Bailey castle.

Perhaps the most exciting thing of all in Marston Lodge history is that the decisive and most fierce battle of the English Civil War, the Battle of Naseby, was fought on Marston Lodge land. It is here that the Cavaliers finally lost the Battle to the Roundheads. Many Cavaliers and camp followers were slaughtered at Marston Lodge, and there are several local ghost stories, legends and even reported sightings, including that of ghostly female Irish camp followers whose faces were slashed with swords.

Mountain Mayhem® is good at ‘firsts’: first ever 24hr mountain bike race in Europe; first (and only) ever mountain bike race to cross a major UK motorway (M5 when in Sandwell in the West Midlands) and now perhaps the first ever mountain bike race with ghostly sightings of Roundheads and Cavaliers?? Or maybe it is just your eyes playing tricks in the middle of the night in the woods…

“We’re so excited about Mountain Mayhem® 2019. We’re excited about the venue, we’re excited about the location which will make it easy for so many to access, we’re excited about the history of Marston Lodge, but more than anything we are excited about the riding. There is so much potential at Marston Lodge on virgin mountain bike territory, with climbs, singletrack and spectacular woodland, plus all the plans we have for everyone at the event. Not only for the riders, but their families and supporters too. Think Friday night party, entertainment on Saturday plus loads of activities for the kids and adults alike. We can’t wait. It’s such fun planning it all” said Jill Greenfield, director of Pacific Edge Events, owners and operators of Mountain Mayhem®

There will also be new categories and a tweak to the rules, but more information about those will follow when the date for earlybird ticket sales is announced for Mountain Mayhem® 2019 which will be held on 21st, 22nd and 23rd June.

Re:

Thanks Alistair

looks like a great central location not far from the M1 or M6

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    99.4 KB · Views: 166
Brilliant location for me...Yippee. Even LGF shouldn't have an excuse!

On a another, more serious note Nick I will be bringing the following accessory in case you encounter any more eastern thorns!

p1040611.jpg

image.jpg

that wasn't like any thorn I'd seen before ....that Ninja thorn was more like the top 3 feet of a javelin or a crossbow bolt...

Re: Re:

widowmaker":2m4i2b5m said:
A little further for me from Dorset :p

for me and THM who've always had Mayhem on our doorstep anywhere was going to be further for us

Thank god the Malverns is still close, and since there's zero chance of anyone moving the Hill I think I'm safe with having at least one event only a few miles down the road

Personally the new venue is more central for most and hopefully that will translate into a bigger numbers attending, or at least make it more attractive

Check out the updated website for more info and shots of the area

http://www.mountain-mayhem.com/

And Now with Mr Kone added........

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 115

Latest posts

Back