2018 Gates and Nettles aftermath thread

Gurt Lush sums up the day !

Great day out and everything I hoped a first time out on the Gates ride would be for a Cherry

Great weather - great Route and even better company,

Struggled to find anything green in the golden crispy countyside of the flat lands
Will post more later as I’ve not long got back and yet to rid myself of the dusty and salt combo

Started of with about one mechanical for every mile covered.... mine was thorn as long as ET fcuk ....proper impressive and evil as tuck
Needless to say I didn’t posses anything to even get the tyre off let alone repair or replace the tube !
Good old Gruff to the rescue, and especial thanks to posh Mark for the entertainment and Wit whilst said deflation was rectified

Great day out. :cool:

Thank you Mark.

Fantastic to catch up with the motley crew and new faces.

Good array of bikes .... Aluminium, steel, custom steel, carbon and a new one for me ..... granite :LOL:

I thought a chap called Jason was coming along :|

Hope those that travelled from that there north (and Tewkesbury) got home safely.

Until next time (the peaks) keep pedalling - once your legs have stopped tingling.

letmetalktomark":3dm4bdzl said:
Great day out. :cool:

Thank you Mark.

Fantastic to catch up with the motley crew and new faces.

Good array of bikes .... Aluminium, steel, custom steel, carbon and a new one for me ..... granite :LOL:

Only hard as nails northerners can ride a Granite bike, shame the tuffness ran out on the stingers...the only thing in hind sight that was still green and were growing in abundance and made said northerner squeal like a girl

That said Carl did claim he only walked out of a field full of cows when taking a leak due to the fact he didn’t want to scare them .... nothing else Honest

I was going to keep the Phantom Squealers identity a secret but you seem to have outed him.

What green there was about today was bloody brutal

Re:

Yes great day an company. Made it to cardiff (10pm) but was worth it. Leg hurt from the bloody stingers.
Thanks Mark for sorting the day and herding, I needed it!

Attachments

• 5E7E14AB-1BB0-444F-ADC8-96C20AD1395C.png
    5E7E14AB-1BB0-444F-ADC8-96C20AD1395C.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,756
  • F0DBECE8-D575-4BBE-9927-72434E98D7FB.png
    F0DBECE8-D575-4BBE-9927-72434E98D7FB.png
    24 KB · Views: 1,756
I just need RetroSpud to read out the Shipping forecast.

And outstanding memories are now Carl's girly screams as he's lashed by our double 'ard southern nettles.

Was well worth the trip down sorry for the lateness chaps very enjoyable day out them southern nettles are bastard!!
Anyway glad my bike was the laugh of the day besides my vocal cords lol
The bike is now back in the kitchen where it belongs retro spud x

Re:

Thanks Mark for a truly tingaling Gates ride.
Was hot and tough but as usual the banter made it very enjoyable.
Looking forward to next year.

Back