Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5080
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Hi All

Sign up thread below, PM me what team works best for you,

The 10 man Very Relaxed fun team is just that, as Longun would put it "its just for shits and giggles"
the other one being for those who fancy having "a bit of a go" and pitting yourself against your team mates (still very much for fun) 2 Laps single laps over the 24 hrs


4 Man team probably 5/6 laps each over the 24hrs


PM me what works best for you, and I'll add you into the list


Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 29.94 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]
Hi All




Following on the conversation in 2017's aftermath thread we now appear to have an event for 2019



Quote:
2019 DATES ANNOUNCED – A YEAR IN ADVANCE

Mountain Mayhem®, the longest running 24hr mountain bike endurance event in the world, has today announced their dates for 2019 – exactly one year ahead to the day.

The iconic event, the first ever 24hr MTB race in Europe has been copied by many, but none have quite managed to capture that special Mountain Mayhem® feeling. Many have missed having Mountain Mayhem® on their 2018 calendar after the event decided to take a year off – the first in its 20 year history.

“We decided to take a year out – like Glastonbury. It’s given us chance to think about how we’ll move forward into our next decade. We have taken the opportunity to let riders tell us how they would like Mountain Mayhem® to go forward. The overwhelming message has been ‘It’s not broke, so don’t fix it’. But we also have some riders who would like to see some new challenges without losing the fundamental heartbeat of the event, the 24hr race and the fun-filled family weekend that for many is their highlight of the MTB summer. This is what we will be addressing on 21st , 22nd and 23rd June 2019” said Jill Greenfield, owner of Mountain Mayhem®.

Not only will there be new elements to the race, but also a brand new private estate location, slap bang in the middle of the country with tons of MTB virgin territory just waiting to be explored: “Creating a course through amazing woodland and incorporating climbs we had no idea even existed in Northamptonshire is truly exciting, not to mention a challenge, but definitely one that I relish” said course designer, Alex McNicol. “We can’t believe how lucky we are to have found this estate, especially as it has such great links to so many major roads – M1, M6, A14 etc, which has to be great news for riders.”

The exact location of the estate is still under wraps at the moment, but this video gives a flavour of what might be in store. All we are told right now is that the estate has great historic significance – that and some great singletrack, plenty woodland and climbs of course.

More details will be announced over the coming weeks and months with earlybird tickets going on sale soon.





Anyone watched the video mentioned above ^


Last edited by Retro Spud on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 1931
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Yay!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5080
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
RickTheUncivil wrote:
Yay!



Will the bike you built for 2017 finally be ready to go by then
It’s only be 24 months over due if it is !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:38 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 1931
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Retro Spud wrote:
RickTheUncivil wrote:
Yay!



Will the bike you built for 2017 finally be ready to go by then
It’s only be 24 months over due if it is !


Aye, the sintesi is alive now, but the 2019 project is yet to be decided.
First I need to book the weekend(s) off from parent duties!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:51 am
Posts: 1931
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Retro Spud wrote:
Anyone watched the video mentioned above ^


This one?
https://singletrackworld.com/2018/06/mo ... hour-race/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 989
Location: Anywhere that is not on this planet
now we are talking. searching the net for a new intruder now. like he said in titanic "I want them to marvel at the shear size of it" lol

thanks andy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:56 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 5115
Retro Spud wrote:
Hi All

Following on the conversation in 2017's aftermath thread we now appear to have an event for 2018



Quote:
2019 DATES ANNOUNCED – A YEAR IN ADVANCE

Mountain Mayhem®, the longest running 24hr mountain bike endurance event in the world, has today announced their dates for 2019 – exactly one year ahead to the day.

The iconic event, the first ever 24hr MTB race in Europe has been copied by many, but none have quite managed to capture that special Mountain Mayhem® feeling. Many have missed having Mountain Mayhem® on their 2018 calendar after the event decided to take a year off – the first in its 20 year history.

“We decided to take a year out – like Glastonbury. It’s given us chance to think about how we’ll move forward into our next decade. We have taken the opportunity to let riders tell us how they would like Mountain Mayhem® to go forward. The overwhelming message has been ‘It’s not broke, so don’t fix it’. But we also have some riders who would like to see some new challenges without losing the fundamental heartbeat of the event, the 24hr race and the fun-filled family weekend that for many is their highlight of the MTB summer. This is what we will be addressing on 21st , 22nd and 23rd June 2019” said Jill Greenfield, owner of Mountain Mayhem®.

Not only will there be new elements to the race, but also a brand new private estate location, slap bang in the middle of the country with tons of MTB virgin territory just waiting to be explored: “Creating a course through amazing woodland and incorporating climbs we had no idea even existed in Northamptonshire is truly exciting, not to mention a challenge, but definitely one that I relish” said course designer, Alex McNicol. “We can’t believe how lucky we are to have found this estate, especially as it has such great links to so many major roads – M1, M6, A14 etc, which has to be great news for riders.”

The exact location of the estate is still under wraps at the moment, but this video gives a flavour of what might be in store. All we are told right now is that the estate has great historic significance – that and some great singletrack, plenty woodland and climbs of course.

More details will be announced over the coming weeks and months with earlybird tickets going on sale soon.





Anyone watched the video mentioned above ^


2019 ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 5080
Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
duly amended to bring in line with title :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 pm 
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 pm
Posts: 6650
Location: GUNNESS NTH LINCS
Stanford Hall??.....................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:39 pm 
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 22152
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
There’s a few possibilities in northants.

Overjoyed here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group