short notice, sunday, peaks

Re:

I’m going to bail out of this one guys -even abandoning you halfway round would leave me with a long ride back and need to try and keep it quite low key this weekend.

Have an awesome ride though- looks like a great route.

Re:

Boo, sorry Si, if I'd realised I might've been able to plan something different. Good luck with your crazy event though, let us know how it goes!

Don't forget to PUT YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD ;) and BRING FOOD! We will pass the awesome No Car Cafe, but it's a pretty beefy ride and bonking sucks...

See you all tomorrow,forecast is sunshine improving through the day :cool:

Re: Re:

elPedro666":3obroun7 said:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27083340

Did I mention it's a beast...? :LOL: Couple of bail out options though, primarily after Pindale, on the road from Hope. We get the descents to the Ladybower Inn, Jaggers Clough, Rushup Edge, Dirtlow Rake, Pindale, the one from Edale Cross which isn't The Beast and Hagg Farm... Can't have Mr. Muz going home without a proper wrist-bashing!

Only bit I'm (very) likely to cock up is the first climb of Win Hill to Edale Cross, but I'm sure we've done it recently and someone will be able to guide us (Chris or Rich?)!

With a bit of luck it's all rideable and on mostly solid surfaces so vanishing into bogs shouldn't be a regular problem... We're going to be smashed by the end though, is everyone happy with that?! Speak up now if you think it's too much ;)

I think I've ridden along Rushup Edge, top of Winnats Pass?

Not a cloud in the sky! Awesome!

Mike

Re:

Morning, I recommend our group will do a different route to that, too long for me. Maybe a pootle up the side, pick a random path* and a play around the reservoir. No idea where I'm going as not ridden any of it.

Somewhere to eat on Ladybower hopefully (iirc from some ride reports).

Re:

Everyone too tired for an aftermath...? :LOL:

Had an absolutely belting day - can't beat RetroBike for bringing out a lovely bunch of reprobates, great riding with you all!

We should all be able to drop photos in here so everyone's end up in the same place, but if it's not letting you add photos drop me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the list. Think it'll work without needing that though...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AFR4cwaXcz0owBRn1

Re:

Thank you so much Chris and Peter, for putting on this ride at such short notice!

I'll add photos when I get home late tomorrow.

Fantastic ride, proper day out! Weather was brilliant, company even better! Loved it.

Good to catch up with friends, and make new ones too.

Love the Peaks!

Mike

Re:

Cheers all for a cracking ride.
Cheers Pete for making it nice and easy..
And before anyone else mentions it, I thought going over the bars in front of the two pretty ladies would impress them!
Will post pictures tomorrow. There are some good ones.
Rich.

Re: Re:

Myshrall189":2v1y35nd said:
And before anyone else mentions it, I thought going over the bars in front of the two pretty ladies would impress them!

Rich.

:LOL: :facepalm:

Mike

Back