ride a classic weekender 26-28 may 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool: what does ride a classic involve? is it just riding in the races or is there a seperate event to race the retro's?

-private land with a marked trail, much like a trail centre but with just riders, no general public walking around.
- oppotunity to show your bikes, of all ages to everyone who turns up. there will be plenty of modern riders as well, and from those ive worked with before have lots of interest in the older bikes
- if there is enough interest in racing Gavin from Cycle Scunthorpe may have a retro class for the xc racing, which at the minute sounds like an old school mass start and 1st, 2nd, 3rd given a token prize of something cool, just on sunday though
- its more of an excuse to use private trails, chill out and talk bikes, drink some ale, sleep rough for a few days and make some memories

And if i can make it i will be up for some marshalling on the sunday as i doubt i will be fit enough to race :LOL:

- ill hold you to that haha, cheers

Mark

is there plenty of parking too?

large field to camp in and off camp site parking for day trippers, although i need to move some moist material to make access a tad more effiecient as winters not done us any favours. pics to follow after this weekends dig day

LongboardSi":2js4oudw said:
Do you want my long jump ramp? (if it's still structurally sound - been under my garage in a kind of cellar type bit for a good few years)

as long as its safe, yup :D

Re:

Get my head out of my arse? Nice.

You've checked the legals on that have you? Interesting. Priorities were in the right place then...

I'm not whining Chris, just commenting on a lack of courtesy and you not having the decency to even give a heads up. You know, out of your 'respect for me and what I did'.

And I'm fairly sure I've shown my commitment to 'get behind things'...

People seem to think the show was free to put on, just because I didn't charge an entry fee to attend. It's wasn't, it's just I've never made any bones about paying for it and promoting it myself.

It's not free to close public roads in public town centres.
It's not free to suspend rows and rows of paid parking bays in town centres.
It's not free to have £5 million public liability insurance for a public show in a town centre environment.
It's not free to close and relocate taxi ranks for the day.
It's not free to negotiate reduced table space from licensed premises who pay an annual permit to use it.

And the other option, it wasn't free to hire a racecourse for the day, and I walked away from that with a large hole in my bank balance!

I think that qualifies as 'getting behind things' for our little hobby.

Anyway, I was only making a little comment about courtesy and decency, but you seem to have taken the line of responding by being rude and aggressive.

And, I find it a little hard not to take your comments personally to be honest, especially as I'm an ale man not a Stella man. ;)

All the best with it, and I'm sure it'll be a cracker like the other rides you've pulled together. :D

no worries and thankyou

the comment about your head and arse are a tad over board but a chat via pm from you would have been better from my perspective so i apologise for that comment, im in a bad mood anyway and youve unfortunelty been in the worng thread at the wrong time, so to speak.

event organising is a huge pain, and cost and i think over the last few years many have hopefully come the appreciate the hard work, time and money that goes into these.

it would be grande to see you and some of the bikes and im sure we can hug it out and ill make you a bacon butty.

peace and love

chris

cool, wrist bands have been dispatched so anyone wanting them early doors will have them sent along with a little form to complete for arrival

its also looking like under 16s will be free to camp and a day rate of £5 for anyone just wanting to come for a single day

Re:

Just to clear this up a little so people don't get the weong idea - this was just a little bit of banter between me and Chris. We're mates, and there's absolutely no animosity on either part. We leave that for PMs... ;)

This is set to be a great event, and Chris has my full support as he knows. It's a thankless task putting these type of events on, and Chris deserves respect for getting his finger out and putting rides and events on that otherwise wouldn't be there for us.

I'll be there all being well, and hope to see a load of old and new faces and bikes.

Question from my side Chris - what's the skinny with dogs? Will they be allowed on site / to camp etc

Cheers ears,
Tom.

Re:

Dogs are allowed as long as they're on leads while folk are riding and you sort the dog pop out :)

And cheers

I'll update diner details over the next few days. Wrist bands have arrived o anyone wanting early ones for the whole weekender get first refusals here

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back