Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re:

Awesome mini adventure, massive thanks to Joe for kicking it off, and to everyone for making it brilliant. Going to pay you all my highest compliment now: if I stumbled into a pub on my own and you were the only other person there, I'd be happy that it was going to be a quality evening :cool:

Photos are all here (or will be eventually):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/M5ZxG2Sy7TUnCvzz2

Everyone should be able to add there own except Si - drop me a pm with your email and I'll add you to the list ;)

See you all again soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_202415_578.jpg
    IMG_20180121_202415_578.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,868
Re:

Reckon I'm about half a stone heavier mind, plus there's two empty wine bottles here and something's happened to my remaining whiskey stash* and I swear I'm going to have nightmares tonight about a solitary pannier floating unreachable in the middle of a vast reservoir. In the rain.

:LOL:

*don't panic - it's not Bell's, it's a lovely Islay single malt decanted into a more convenient bottle ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_232446_616.jpg
    IMG_20180121_232446_616.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1,867
Well done lads, I have soggy pics and will upload over a few day.
I have another planned ride hoping it will be drier.....

joe careless":2krjpbsy said:
Well done lads, I have soggy pics and will upload over a few day.
I have another planned ride hoping it will be drier.....

unless it requires snorkels I imagine that won't be difficult...

Re:

Random question for the guys with the SnugPak booties (my birthday is Saturday!): how's the sizing? I'm right at the very top end of the Medium but remember Joe's were falling down a bit so I'm reticent to go up to the large...
Cheers!

Thanks for the ride, Joe. And for herding us cats to Mid-Wales in the first place.

The weather was indeed terrible, but I spoke to a couple of us and it seemed that being out of our comfort zone in some great countryside re-ignited some of the enthusiasm for cycle touring (or bike-packing, as the young uns seem to call it) which got us into cycling in the first place.

All the best,

Yeah, I'd have been disappointed if it had been mild and dry, and if the river level hadn't risen we wouldn't have got to laugh at Pete's pannier being swept off down the river...

Really enjoyed it

danson67":2ysu7tq2 said:
Thanks for the ride, Joe. And for herding us cats to Mid-Wales in the first place.

The weather was indeed terrible, but I spoke to a couple of us and it seemed that being out of our comfort zone in some great countryside re-ignited some of the enthusiasm for cycle touring (or bike-packing, as the young uns seem to call it) which got us into cycling in the first place.

All the best,

Thanks, it's the cycling I prefer and appreciate the compliments, amazed at the ordeal we put ourselves through, I was pleased as punch to see the bikes rowed up at the dam at the end.
Truth be told I was worried that a injury I sustained before Christmas would impact my cycling it just slowed me down.

I'm planning a ride up near Bala and it's another overnight will post it up soon

Latest posts

Back