Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re: Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride

joe careless":p0dca2cq said:
Really looking forward to this and remember whisky weighs less than equivalent beers..

Ditto, excited already - and I was doing the sums on that exact equation just a day or two ago! :LOL:

Re:

Also, "Norwegian army fleece liners", yes please! Planning to borrow Kiran's sleeping bag, which is about 6 seasons warmer than mine, but even so...

Re:

Just sent the request to book a cottage nearby (ish - Cwm-Llinau), planning to spend a few days in the vicinity beforehand, check nothing major falls off the bike etc. ;)

Did I mention I'm getting excited already?!

Goretex bivi bag sounds like a plan if the floor is as wet as suggested - fine for bags, mats etc.

Quite excited about this.

Re:

Both floors?! I was picturing somewhere tiny and very basic, just four walls and a gap for a door, not a multi-storey Palace! ;)

Do we have a tally of who's in? anyone heading over from Sheffield-ish fancy sharing transport?

Si F

Re:

We're going down Tuesday or Wednesday so can't help with transport I'm afraid.

What's the score for water, do we need to carry enough for both days or is there somewhere to top up? Don't have any kind of filtration kit, although I'm sure I could use it as an excuse to get some! ;)

EDITED
Cut out the link to the wrong bothy!

where are we starting from? (and when) - looking at my options for getting there...

Back