Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride CLAERWEN DAM NOON SAT

Re: Elan Valley Dam Busting - Winter Ride

joe careless":360sfs8p said:
I'm hoping we all do it on Retro bikes.

Probably mid 90's steel singlespeed with drop bars, but front disc and maybe a 650b front wheel?

I'm aware there's a tradition within Bothy providers that groups larger than 6 are discouraged, but we are a respectful bunch and with some thought I have decided to cap this ride to no more than 10.
It also means we have less issues created by parking at the start, which I have asked RSF membership for assistance, we may have a couple of them joining us ( Rough Stuff Fellowship) and to be frank they're the oldest off-road cycling club in the world and it be amazing to see what they ride

danson67":ysywg4je said:
Hmm...RSF, maybe the Highpath then.

What's that phrase about nicer problems to have...? ;)

Sign me up for definite please, really excited to be doing this!

Re:

Should anyone be in need, I've got a spare MOD Gore-Tex bivvy, spare inflatable mat and a spare lightweight tent (not that we're likely to need tents I guess). Ditto racks, panniers and suchlike. Expect you're all well set-up but wouldn't want anyone to be put off by the expense of additional kit!

Google maps is showing the bothy as permanently closed, hope we know better...?!

Re: Re:

HarryCrumb":3ioo2fgg said:
interested in joining this, may be an opportunity to bring out the Saracen Conquest :)

The inevitable 'bikes lined up against a dam wall' photo from this ride is going to be really something!

My Gore-Tex boots and Paramo Cascada trousers arrived this morning - I am now invincible and fully ready for whatever Wales has to throw at us! :LOL:

DICKO10":hkrjljd8 said:
Interested to joe

Excellent seems that team Retro Revolution is having a winter meet. Hope you all got good sleeping bags, do have 3 Norwegian army fleece liners available for those feeling that their bags maybe on the lightersid. Claerddu Bothy does have cooking utensils but the gas maybe frozen at that time of year and I'm thinking that eyes are kept peeled enroutefor pine cones and stuff to get the fire going.
Really looking forward to this and remember whisky weighs less than equivalent beers..

Back