Mountain Mayhem Gatcombe Park 16/17/18 June 2017

Re:

I know its still a few weeks away, but does anyone plan on getting there on the Friday to make 'dibs' on the retrobike camping area ?

Re: Re:

widowmaker":tervjugp said:
I know its still a few weeks away, but does anyone plan on getting there on the Friday to make 'dibs' on the retrobike camping area ?

I think Andy (any123) will be there early on the Friday, and I will also be there early (actually in the area on Thursday) as I am travelling over from Sweden, and need to allow time.

Re:

Ill be there on the friday afternoon. Getting the train up and apparently its only about 6 miles to the event so can pack light and chuck a rack on my kona to get there. Probably leave the monday morning.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":3glvxu39 said:
Ill be there on the friday afternoon. Getting the train up and apparently its only about 6 miles to the event so can pack light and chuck a rack on my kona to get there. Probably leave the monday morning.

Dude
between the station and the event is a chuffing 1 in 4 hill thats winds it way up to a plateau, on a road bike on a sunday morning with no luggage its a challenge, you do not want to ride it during the week laden with luggage, apart from it seemingly going on for ever the trucks get way too close for comfort.

If you give me a buzz I'll come and pick you up,

I can't help yah when going home, but at least it'll be all down hill and so long as you don't cook your brakes it should be quite a blast.

Spud

my plan is to get there around midday Friday. probably too late to call dibs but hopefully early enough to assist with enforcement :evil:

Re:

This year I am organised :cool:

If a little unfit :oops:

I have the Thursday off work to get everything ready, Friday I hope to be there first thing and even have the Monday off to apply deep heat :)

I should have some space in the car if someone needs a lift.

Re:

I plan to get there late Friday morning. Hoping to borrow the works red Merc van, but will need to ride there to get it! Good warm up! :LOL:

Mike

Back