Mayhem 2017 Team "New Old Stock" Sub Thread

one little thing.... he's tim75 in the messageboard but tim74 in the running order. sounds like a get-out clause right there if he changes his mind!

I sort of figured that any gaps we would just shuffle to back-fill, and assume that the leisurely approach of team NOS would mean that we would fall behind plan anyway! :D

That said, a double lap before breakfast, thats going to be one hungry tim74/5

RickTheUncivil":39ag845g said:
one little thing.... he's tim75 in the message board but tim74 in the running order. sounds like a get-out clause right there if he changes his mind!

I sort of figured that any gaps we would just shuffle to back-fill, and assume that the leisurely approach of team NOS would mean that we would fall behind plan anyway! :D

That said, a double lap before breakfast, thats going to be one hungry tim74/5

Nice retro link there Rick wasn't 74 75 a song by the Connells back in the early 90's ?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ITv4OBV9c[/youtube]

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,639
NeilM":i6v4f1dl said:
Also one that climbs well, as there is a sensible bit of climbing on each lap.

I have always used my Roberts DB for that very reason.

That's why the D.O.G.S. will be my steed too :cool:

just been out for a lunchtime spin around the site. if its this warm I reckon i'll struggle to get around a whole lap in mid afternoon! chuffin knackered

update.
project Sintesi is failing, so onto backup plan.

The Marin mostly works, so thinking thats plan A. Its fairly reliable not massively heavy and not too uncomfortable. However it is sub-optimal in that I know the forks need a service and the rear shock is a bit tired. Its also a bit more modern than I feel would be appropriate for such a gathering.

Alternatives:

The Orange is a bit retro-mod too (early 2000's isn't THAT old, apparently) but it works well and is nicely light.

I have a top secret Kona Hei Hei project thats nearly ready to go, so I'm hoping to get some shakedown time with that this week as a possible alternative.

The Explosif has been reliable as hell so far, it would just need some not slick tyres and should be ready to roll. Might consider some bouncy forks too, not ridden rigid off road for a while and it would be foolish to jump right in :D its a bit sheddy but thats what its all about.

Anyway, still plenty of time...... :facepalm:

danson67":1awg0i2q said:
Looks like the AMP B4 for me again...

All the best,

You've got so many nice bikes it must be a bugger to decide what to bring... The AMP does it for me :D

Not so difficult as not many of them are in running order at one time...lots of swapping parts going on in the background.

All the best,

Back