Twentyfour12 2017

Has anyone done it before? Just wondering how severe the course is? Whether I need to get a bike with hydraulic disk brakes or whether I can get away with cable disc? Is it a lot of climbing? Could use my giant trance if not too bad or my trek 29er if i could get away with cable discs. Save spending £250 on another bike.

Re:

MarinMartin":2s0z3q48 said:
Has anyone done it before? Just wondering how severe the course is? Whether I need to get a bike with hydraulic disk brakes or whether I can get away with cable disc? Is it a lot of climbing? Could use my giant trance if not too bad or my trek 29er if i could get away with cable discs. Save spending £250 on another bike.

The course varies year to year but is fairly hilly. I'm pretty sure I've done it on cantis, though in the wet that's not a good idea :LOL: I've mostly done it on a hard-tail though full sus is a bonus on the technical bits.

Re:

So a 29er hardtail on cable discs should survive it. (My trusty trek). Probably will bring it as it's never let me down and been using it as a hybrid recently so will be good to dust off the cobwebs and let it loose :LOL:

Literally have just sold all of my bikes other than 3 so choices are limited now.

Re:

No solo 12 or 24 (not that I had any desire to ride that long) left so Torchbearer starting at midnight is my entry :facepalm:

I'll come down Friday and leave Monday, all the rest of you solos should aim to arrive Friday to get a good trackside position. I'll go far away from the arena to avoid the noise as I'll be getting up at bedtime :LOL:

Re:

Another 12 hour solo for me too :cool:

It's not an outright climbers course.I think it's one of those courses that has more descending than climbing :D

Re: Re:

player":2damjqwa said:
Another 12 hour solo for me too :cool:

It's not an outright climbers course.I think it's one of those courses that has more descending than climbing :D

How can that be, if it's a circuit? :?

Latest posts

Back