Mayhem 2017 "Retro-Bution" Team sub thread

tent, cooker/stove, cooking eating utensils, tin opener, cup plate, food, sleeping bag, bog roll, lighter, water carrier, head torch, spare clothes, towel, washing kit, tooth brush.

you can survive on that easy

extras: roll mat, pillows

emergency: credit card, local taxi number, address of local hotel. :LOL:

Re:

Im going to have fun lugging that lot on the train. Might be living on crisps for the weekend :LOL: especially with bike tools and spares.

Dont worry fairy lights are essentials. Guessing theres electric somewhere there to charge phones etc because my phone will not last more than a day.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":1agpykd1 said:
. Guessing theres electric somewhere there to charge phones etc because my phone will not last more than a day.

Yeah you'll be okay on that front, Any123 has a mofo generator and an extension lead for phone charging.

And BTW beer and crisps are the staple diet for retired athletes

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":35embayi said:
Im going to have fun lugging that lot on the train. Might be living on crisps for the weekend :LOL: especially with bike tools and spares.

It's called cycle touring :LOL:

I can bring a spare tent / stove if you need one

Re:

cheers kingbling. I've just bought a tent so alright on that front. Stove I'm not worried about. I'm sure there's facilities to buy a cup of tea. That's all I care about ;) I pretty much live on crisps some days anyway (my guilty pleasure) :LOL:

Hotwheels.":1f3ujc6i said:
How much stuff/tools would you take on the lap, are we talking just a tube and a multi-tool?

Pretty much Hotwheels thats all I'll be taking round with me :D

Hotwheels.":34rqrwy4 said:
How much stuff/tools would you take on the lap, are we talking just a tube and a multi-tool?

plus a pump, and thats about it, the ground isn't prone to giving punctures, so one tube should more than suffice, a lot of modern bikes seem to brake skinny chains but I've never seen an 8speed bust

its basically a balls out mad dash to get round rather than an endurance sportif so keep it simple and light.
if you turn up with a haversack on your back and 2ltr of water and three bars of kendle mint cake you'll look a right todger

Retro Spud":15vzrri3 said:
if you turn up with a haversack on your back and 2ltr of water and three bars of kendle mint cake you'll look a right todger

Oh right, I'll unpack it then. :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back