Mountain Mayhem Gatcombe Park 16/17/18 June 2017

Now thats a braw idea, a candy henge ! Nearly every point of note in the country has rock with writing in it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

I've actually started training this week. Before work on road in the dark and rain, feels great though!
I need to get some off road action really, where do you Midlanders get your mountain action?
I'm in Southam. near Leamington and it must be furthest from any decent mtb trails. Cannock chase is where I used to go when I lived in Brum but that seems a bit far now. Is Cotswolds best from my location. it's been a long time since I took to the mud so I need to brush up on what little skills I had- soon

Re: Re:

Spibblo":36k6ws0l said:
....also, is a 1998 bike acceptable or will you all pelt me with bricks soon as I arrive

^^ :LOL: Nah you'll be fine, folk bring all sorts... However turning up with just a modern 29er in a Retro team isn't really entering into the Retro spirit.

As for a 98 model well that's still an antique by most people standards even if you are from that strange forum 1998--->

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":37hi2exd said:
Spibblo":37hi2exd said:
....also, is a 1998 bike acceptable or will you all pelt me with bricks soon as I arrive

^^ :LOL: Nah you'll be fine, folk bring all sorts... However turning up with just a modern 29er in a Retro team isn't really entering into the Retro spirit.

As for a 98 model well that's still an antique by most people standards even if you are from that strange forum 1998--->

well it was made in 97, just it's a 98 model. So that a few extra retro months (though most of the kit is 99 XT 750 :oops: the deep unmitigated shame...)

Back