vueltasport mud crusher aftermath........kinda

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
so, with the recent weather i thought the race would be a tad boggy and horrid............it was not :D the technical wooded sections were spot on dry an flowed superbly an the open grassy and trail bits were rather ridable, for most the laps.

set up camp with a selection of bikes from the collection and all were loved and i had plenty of discussions about bygone days, rides and bikes :mrgreen:

then it came to race time. 20 miles, 2 mile laps and i was sent of first......which i am led to believe i maintained for 6 or so laps!!!!! race face and fun were top of my agenda ...............................

and then my legs gave up on lap 7 :evil: i only took one snickers bar, schoolboy error :facepalm: finally manged to unrap it but fatigue had set in and on lap 9 i bonked big time, lads i were lapping caught up, 2nd and third caught up and over took and when i finsihed the lap i had to stop and seek aid. enter the awesome paramidic, coffe shop bloke and one of the organisers who heped with food, drink, ice pack and encouragement to continue my last lap :D :D :D

finally finished and i now know what uber serious cramp feels like, i kept telling myself to MTFU!! and it worked, the support was ace and i couldnt thank the marshels etc enough!

so, from 1st to 12th in 2/3 laps was gutting but i had loadsa fun, the bike display went own a treat and ive been asked to continue supporting it :D :D :D :D :D

i havent many pics as i was racing but next time i wil take more, i would also be great for more riders to come and challenge themselves on the next event, a 6 hour endurance (solo or pairs) in early december ;)

until next time :cool:

gutted doesnt even come close :cry:

when the pics for the event are uploaded and made public ill post them

http://www.vueltasport.co.uk/m/events

Re:

Looks like you had fun and put on a good show!

Reminds me of a shrunk down D2D. Fancy doing something like this again myself!

You doing the 'Muddy Buddies' event in November too?

i think that ones been cancelled and will be run in spring. the 6 hour race should be fun, kinda like a mini mayhem prop race ;)

Back