Fat Tyre Revolution at Coed Y Brenin in September

Re:

So where were you all? I don't do Facetube or Twatter or any social media stuff and I haven't been on here much lately but I made it there with two weeks notice along with half a dozen or so RBers...some guys brought along three bikes each to make up a decent display of fifteen or so but I was expecting more.

There were probably 15 Retro bikes riding in the Fat Tyre Challenge out of the 80 or so entrants, very disappointing as it was billed as a Retro race on the Saturday.....hey ho, we had fun!

Maybe there are too many people here now who build a nice bike but don't ride it...I did at Coed Y Brenin and it was an eye opener into the past...Bloody good fun though!

@MrK be good to ride with you again sometime mate.

Kev - yep, some confusion on my part (still). Entered the original event yonks ago and was planning some sort of OW party etc; then SiEvents refunded my entry back in August and told me the event was cancelled. Heard nothing more about it until I read of this other event that had taken place recently. Pretty dumb of the organisers to not contact people who had already paid/showed commitment to the first planned event if they then moved it onwards. We WILL ride together again - trust me!

Re:

I only found out with less than 4 weeks to go when dyfi_brenin posted it in the General forum, otherwise, I had no idea it was happening and had other plans by then. I'd much prefer a summer event (and dry!) if I'm going to bring out an expensive vintage bike to ride. #snob

Back