day in the peaks 2 .......sunday 6/11/16 the autumn edition

Registering interest.

Are we looking to park on the bridge? think the one opposite the pub is for them, so might (rightly) get a bit funny about loads of us clogging it up.

Be prepared for the nearly final decent off Whinstone Lee Tor to be a boggy mess by then, but it depends on whether it keeps raining or not. Happy to recce it in advance if it's looking dodgy.

Si F

Re:

Nope the car park/layby just up the road from the pub. Yhebottom of the descents boggy in summ er as well lol. Should be a challenge though :)

Re: Re:

longun":2neo2viv said:
Nope the car park/layby just up the road from the pub.

Of course - was totally misreading the map :oops:

Here (for anyone unsure, but that may have just been me) https://goo.gl/maps/oA4jn99g18Q2

So the first decent of the day will ease people in gently yeah? (and we can get a pint at the pub waiting for those with punctures).

Si F

Re:

Doesnt matter theyll have fun regardless......but it will be very rocky in some parts so fucked old tyres might not make it lol

Bike chosen, new 1.7 'mud' tyres to go on plus mudguards

DSC_0033.thumb.JPG.5546695286e1c4625ad3c219df8cb89a.JPG

Re:

Trying to drag my sorry self to this.

Having ridden less than 60miles since the start of August...a max of 16 of which have been off-road...them towpaths can get quite technical...I suspect I'll be occupying the "Lantern Rouge" position.

Now which bike, Voodoo, fully rigid but reliable, Saracen, been ridden into town once, or the newly acquired Kona, not ridden at all...

I will be attending guys but not for the ride I am semi retired do the the amount of injurys.
I am dropping a frame off for longun

Back