Any riders in Otago?

na, spent a few days there in the middle of last winter...not cold at all. Atmittedly it was only getting to the low minuses, not like the -10 ish when in queenstown and milford. Balmy.

Yeah, I can't handle the heat. 25 and below is my happy place. I trhink living in Brisbane i had 3...maybe 4 weeks in the whole year that were livable! Had summer in Hobart, then moved up to brisbane where it was hot all year, now back to tassie and it been another 4 months of hot, usually hot here... and looking like at least another week of 30ish...argh I cannot wait till winter. Please winter hurry up and get here.

Last week on Monday it was 17˚c, mist, rain, had a great morning on my AM bike doing Lenah Valley firetrail ->Junction Cabin->North South->Lenah Valley firetrail descending->lenah valley track descending Mik, you would have loved that.

Sorry, OT, no idea about Otago!

There does seem to be an active mtb community in Dunedin - nobody from here, though.

As for the comments about the climate... according to the climate charts on Wikipedia it's a fair bit warmer, drier and sunnier than where I'm from - it's going to be great!

Been here a month now and the 'winter' is better than an English summer - shorts and sunglasses most days, haven't turned the heating on except first thing in the mornings, and it has only rained for a handful of days (although it should be noted that this winter was apparently relatively mild).

Got a job in the cycle industry and am picking up a 1990 Haro Impulse today. Hired some bikes in Queenstown last weekend and had a great time. No other retro riders found yet, but so far so good!

Back