For Sale: Peugeot Routier 1984/5 56cm Centre to Top: £300

Deax

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

I have a Peugeot Routier to sell. This is the 501 main tubes and fork bladed beauty that caught my eye back then and was my first `lightweight' bike. Over the last 4 or 5 years I've bought several in order to build my perfect brochure spec bike, but actually I found that there were some nice bikes out there that hadn't been used much - I guess they were at a price point that tempted potential racers, who quickly then got bored.

I still think they are a handsome bike!

Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40388723@ ... 4562466446

The bike is mostly brochure spec except the saddle is a well used period Turbo (much nicer than the original), bar tape is modern PRO and perhaps too bulky compared to the original Bike Ribbon type. This one has the Simplex SX 810 rear derailleur rather than the usual 610, but the previous owner assured me that it was delivered with it.

It copes well with the bike's defining feature - the 28 tooth Helicomatic which stood out among the other race race bikes in the Peugeot range at the time with their 21 tooth lowest!

Tyres are original spec Michelin BIB 20s.

The

Condition: I've spend way, way too many hours on this ( and 2 others!) that cannot be reflected in the price - it's been stripped nut and bolt cleaned, renovated and made to look as nice as is reasonable without refinishing the frame, forks and buying new components (I've probably spent 2 solid days polishing the rims).

But, although the paint is basically very good, there is surface rust on the non drive side stays and the chrome on the forks is not so good (and I've had a good go at it).

Also, it suffers from the usual issue with the lower end alloy components - moisture get them and they end up with a sort of water marking. As presented the brakes, chainset, bars and stem have had a light polish with autosol so as not to completely lose the original finish - they could be highly polished though.

I'll put the spec up onto the Flickr album, happy to take any questions - I think I'm pretty good at these bikes now!

I wanted to offer it here first before it goes to ebay where this vintage of Peugeot attract some attention. Ebay price would be £350 plus shipping, but for an easy Retrobike sale with UK collection from Wiltshire or a meet somewhere mutually convenient - £300.

If you're interested, but can't meet, let me know and I'll look at shipping options.

Thanks for looking!

Paul

Attachments

• DSC_4182 Small.jpg
    DSC_4182 Small.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 693
  • DSC_4190 small.jpg
    DSC_4190 small.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC_4194 small.jpg
    DSC_4194 small.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC_4197 small.jpg
    DSC_4197 small.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 693
Hi! I'm interested in this bike? Based in London, but could organise to meet somewhere in between.

Is it still for sale?

Rachel

Back