1990 Mercian Vincitore 22" touring bike **SOLD ON EBAY*

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
SOLD ON EBAY FOR £465

Now thought to be a Vincitore model, and more pics added further on in the thread ;)

See this thread - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=408814&hilit=mercian&start=0

Now for sale, the info is listed in the above post but to summarise....!

Frame number is 21090 (with a 3 stamped underneath that). Frame tubing is 531 Competition, Cinelli bars & stem, Campag hubs on Mavic MA2 rims which I believe are 27", Deore XT front and rear mechs, indexed down tube shifters, Lyotard pedals, Christophe toe clips, Tange/Mercian headset, Shimano 600 seatpost, Brooks saddle, some form of SLR Shimano brakes.

22" frame. Apparently the chainset is an Altus triple, not sure why the downgrade compared to other kit...

Dad is nearly 80 and a bit of a technophobe, and I didn't take the pics, but on Weds I am seeing him and can get more if needed. The bike is for pick up only, and is currently in Ilminster, Somerset but can also be made available at mine from Weds, which is near Chippenham in Wilts. Sure he will willingly travel a bit to deliver, for instance he is near the M5, J25, also I could get across towards the M4 with it if needed...

£450 Hope that is seen as a fair price without added virus related retro tax ;)
For future pricing ref., sold on eBay for £465...

Would prefer payment by PP or bank transfer, to save dealing in cash at the mo. Will list on eBay/FB selling pages if no real interest by the weekend...

Attachments

• Mercian 7.jpg
    Mercian 7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Mercian 6.jpg
    Mercian 6.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,419
  • Mercian 5.jpg
    Mercian 5.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Mercian 4.jpg
    Mercian 4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Mercian 2.jpg
    Mercian 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,420
  • Mercian 3.jpg
    Mercian 3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Mercian 1.jpg
    Mercian 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,424
  • Mercian.jpg
    Mercian.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,425
Re: 1990 Mercian King Of Mercia 22" touring bike...

Kaz that is THE best Mercian colour.....my friend Ant has a Mercian tandem of that era in exactly the same finish. Gorgeous.

Re:

Thanks! Utterly convinced, knowing where Dad got this from, that it is the same one I used to service and clean once a year when I worked in a cycle hire and bike shop in the late '90's. The chap who had it was meticulous. Wondering if that was how it ended up with the low end chainset, maybe that was all we had to hand and it got him back on the road at the time...

Wheels are deffo 27", strange, but true....custom build, I suppose, and for some reason that was what he wanted!

Re: Re:

col2019":1vqmpjab said:
mercian vincitore put it on ctc site should go there

Aha, thank you! I will update the listing title and I have some more/better pics to downsize and add later on.

Think for now will keep it on here and then maybe eBay next time there is a fee deal on, but I will investigate the CTC site over the weekend.

Re:

I'll check it out. In the meantime, some better pics...

Attachments

• merc7.jpg
    merc7.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,150
  • merc92.jpg
    merc92.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,150
  • merc6.jpg
    merc6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,149
  • merc5.jpg
    merc5.jpg