Cannondale Cad 3 R1000 56cm £200 *SOLD*

Lycanthropunk

Dirt Disciple
Cool retro Cannondale from back in the days when Cannondale still made their bikes in the USA. Strong, comfortable frame- ideal for heavier riders, and surprisingly light for its age- certainly lighter than most entry level bikes. 56cm frame. For reference I am 5' 11" and it's a great fit. A mix of Shimano components- Tiagra shifters / front mech, 105 rear mech and Dura Ace cranks. 53/39 up front, 12-25 rear. This bike is fast! The seat is great too- an original Selle Italia Titanium Flite. A little scruffy round the edges, but really comfy (and not cheap, either, despite its looks!)

The bike needs a service as the front mech is currently not shifting. It suddenly stopped a couple of days back. An easy fix for those who know how, unfortunately I'm not one of them! I had a look, dreading that it might the bottom bracket, but there's no play there- it feels smooth, and then I noticed that the cable was a bit slack, so hopefully it is just a case of the cable slipping and needing tightening, but I'm no mechanic and almost certainly don't know what I'm talking about! The bike is still rideable as is so you'd be able to cycle it home. The brakes works fine, the wheels roll well. I had it serviced a couple of months ago, so it's all good.The tyres have plenty of life in them- especially the rear which is a nearly new Continental GP 4000s ii 700c x 25 (with a decent Schwalbe inner tube).

I shall leave on the Shimano mtb pedals if you wish too (I don't have the original flat ones as they were awful!).

The bike has a few marks, but still looks great, and once the front mech is fixed, will be a good quality bike which will last years. Cannondale aluminium really is great!

The only reason I'm selling is because I don't use it as much as I ought to and I need the cash!

Cash on collection in Edinburgh please. :)

Attachments

• SAM_0414.JPG
    SAM_0414.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,032
  • SAM_0415.JPG
    SAM_0415.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • SAM_0416.JPG
    SAM_0416.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,032
Back