Singular Peregrine for sale

nnc283

Dirt Disciple
Anyone with an interest in this machine probably knows enough about them to save me writing a detailed description, but to those unfamiliar with it, the Peregrine is a unique, highly versatile machine, with many wheel/tyre size and gearing/transmission options. It was intended to fulfill the "one bike" concept, and a quick search on the web will reveal the many different ways in which owners have customised/adapted it.

It also has unique geometry because of Sam Allison's particular approach. In particular these bikes have much shorter reach than most, though it comes at the expense of a certain amount of toe overlap, something that Mr Allison considered unimportant. (The eccentric bottom bracket does allow a certain amount of adjustment.)

As far as I know there still isn't a bike/frame in mass production to compare with the Peregrine.

The sizing of the Peregrine is somewhat confusing, when I bought this one it was described as "medium", though I have seen that label attached to the next size up. Anyhow, this frame has a seat tube 55 cm centre to top, and the all important reach and stack dimensions are 357mm and 560mm. I'm about 5'8" with rather long legs, the previous owner was quite a bit taller than me, but I'm sure a shorter person could get a position on this bike as well.

Spec wise, it's Campag Veloce 10 speed, though I have swapped the dreadful power torque chainset for a conventional 30/40/50 Campag triple. I do still have the original chainset/BB. TRP Spyre mechanical brakeset which I have converted to jagwire. Crosslight rims, with Schwalbe G-one 40mm tyres.

I would say the bike is in very good condition, with a few marks and scratches you would expect from a used machine.

Note that the saddle and the pedals will not be included.

This is a genuine reluctant sale, I know everyone says that, but the Peregrine really was my dream bike when I bought it, however a combination of factors mean that it just doesn't get used much these days, and I honestly would rather someone else got to appreciate the bike. In that regard I am not expecting to get a huge amount for it. There is one on ebay at the moment at £899 which is just ridiculous IMHO.

I would say somewhere around £600 is nearer the mark, but I'm open to sensible offers especially if I'm convinced someone really does appreciate this model. I might also consider a frame only sale, or somewhere in between.

Attachments

• peregrine 1.jpg
    peregrine 1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,980
I do really like these, I don't get the one bike concept though it's much more fun to have three or four bikes. glws

Back