Nice old Dawes Galaxy 531 project Maillard/Suntour SOLD

eldridge

Old School Hero
Rescued from a friends shed with the idea of rebuilding and riding it, but it's just too big (60cm c-t)

Dark brown with gold detailing around the lugs, I'm not sure of it's age but it must be an early one - as it's 27 x 1 1/4 wheels, Sachs Maillard hubs, 10 speed, Weinmann brake calipers and lovely old Suntour gear levers (downtube) and mechs. Seatpost is free moving. (phew!)

At some point it's had a flat handlebar with some period looking flat bar brake levers which has since been removed, so would need a correct handlebar/ drop brake levers and a saddle. (Or just a flat bar with existing levers)

It's in a stripped down state ready for someone to relish the cleaning and rebuilding, but I can re-assemble it if preferred, there is some wear present - visible on inner chainring, rims are ok, tyres could do with changing.

I'd love to restore it myself but then I'll want to keep it and there's no way I'm going to get my leg over it!

Now ideally I'd say collection only for this (WF:cool: - not that I'm against posting it, but it's getting a weekday free to wait for a courier to collect, but if you're in no great rush let me know and we'll arrange it somehow

£150
collected
£180 posted UK only

Please register your interest here and a pm please
Cheers!

IMG-4372.jpg

IMG-4373.jpg

IMG-4374.jpg

IMG-4375.jpg

IMG-4376.jpg

IMG-4378.jpg

IMG-4379.jpg

IMG-4382.jpg

IMG-4383.jpg

IMG-4384.jpg

IMG-4385.jpg

Re: Nice old Dawes Galaxy 531 project Maillard/Suntour 27 x 11/4

That sounds a nice old thing. Some pictures - even gloomy ones - are always welcome. We do love pictures...

As to posting: I've used "Senditnow" several times (they're part of Parcelforce but signiifcantly cheaper). OK, you have to package it yourself and print a label at home (or work!) and take it to your local post office, but they've been utterly reliable and the tracking via the Parcelforce site is excellent. Sure, you must obtain a box, but I've always managed to scrounge one from somewhere - I must say the Evans shop here always seem glad to get rid of them, and usually they're as good as new having only been used once. Cost is under £25 for a normal weight and bike sized parcel.

AND you don't have to hang around waiting for a courier.

Re:

Thankyou for that i shall remember that sounds useful

Yes later than intended but some pics to follow soon

Cheers

Re: Nice old Dawes Galaxy 531 project Maillard/Suntour PICS!

Someone is looking for a Galaxy on lfgss and yours has been mentioned.....

Back