Chris Marshall Columbus Foco bike no longer for sale

Bultaco370

Retro Guru
For sale is a lovely race bike built by Chris Marshall from fillet brazed Columbus Foco tubing. The frame is surprisingly light for steel and very stiff. I am looking for £175 for the bike, which is a complete bargain as this frame alone would be over £1000 if you had one similar built.

It has Shimano Sora 8 speed transmission and a Stronglight compact chainset (52/38 rings). The wheels are well used Mavic Helium clinchers which are usable but the rear is a bit out of true now.

The pic below is of the bike with different wheels and bars/stem, so I will post some additional pics in a couple of days.

The paintwork has some chips but overall is not too bad, and there are a couple of tiny little dints in the top tube where it has been leant up against something with a little too much enthusiasm, but these are hardly visible.

Sizing is 52cm centre to top with a 52cm top tube, it will be supplied set up for a rider of about 5'7" tall.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,814
Re:

Updated photos.

The tyres fitted are Mavic 23mm race tyres and have only done about 50 miles. This would be an ideal summer training bike, but you won't get mudguards on it as the clearance at the back is too close.

Located near Leicester, but I can post if necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,758
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,760
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,758
Re: Chris Marshall Columbus Foco bike for sale

That's a bargain! Chris is a great frame builder - shame it's too small for me too! GLWS

Latest posts

Back