Unique 40 yr old MINT road race bike for sale help

steveandpoll

Retro Newbie
This bike has been in my family locked away in its own bedroom since 1979 when it was presented to my great uncle by(former cycling world champion) and the Mayor of Birmingham (at that time). It has never been ridden or used, in fact since he passed away last month it has seen the light of day for the first time, the bike is as "MINT" as it gets, not sure how much it is worth as we have to sell it to top up his estate funds, the most interesting thing about this bike is the colour as it isnt painted it 24 carat GOLD PLATED!!!!! this bike is unique with condition, history and gold plated. Any ideas on value please???? Need to load pics but i dont know how to on here.

I have been told that it has a 20 inch (measured from just above the pedal shaft to the base of the saddle stem ) Reynolds 531 tubing frame, Italian Galli 10 speed Gear system, Italian Galli brakes, Italian Strada pedal legs, Italian San marco saddle and apparently it has an italian campagnolo crank (whatever that is) Apparently all these parts alone are worth hundreds alone as they are rare as rocking horse **** Looks like its all italian???

Re:

I was intrigued so here’s a picture...

Attachments

• C08903B4-89D6-4931-AA28-1CDE889F7BC7.jpeg
    C08903B4-89D6-4931-AA28-1CDE889F7BC7.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 845
Back