Guerciotti 57cm Columbus SL with Campag 10 speed - £350

tdm

Dirt Disciple
For sale is my Guerciotti road bike. I built it up a couple of years ago following this trend of "neo-retro" bikes. Specs as follows:

57cm Columbus SL frame and forks (mid-late 90s I think)
Campagnolo 10 speed groupset, mixture of Centaur, Athena and chorus (including the superior ultrashift Centaur shifters that allow multiple up and downshifts, and an Ultratorque crankset)
50/34 crankset with 11-28 cassette
Campagnolo seatpost
Cinelli 66 Campione del Mondo bars (42cm wide, deep drop)
Cinelli XA stem (120mm)
Fizik bar tape
H+ son archetype rims laced to 28 hole novatech/via hubs with silver spokes
Continental GP4000S tyres

Everything works well and is running smoothly. The frame is from the mid 90s so has plenty of "patina" and there was also some surface around the bottom bracket. I scrubbed this down with a wire brush and applied some Kurust and it hasn't got any worse and doesn't affect function. I believe the kurust reacts with the surface rust and forms a protective layer. I also treated the inside of the frame with some linseed oil when I built the bike up. The right hand ergolever hood (the rubber bit) is damaged, but again, still works fine and can be easily and cheaply replaced if it bothers you. The rims are well used but still have life left in them.

It's a very comfortable bike to ride. The high spoke count wheels and the steel frame/forks gives a very smooth ride while the modern groupset and gear ratios means you can actually get up hills with a sensible cadence! I think it would benefit from a respray eventually but I quite like the retro fade paintjob.

Looking for ~ £350 collected from Sheffield.

2T5A4522.jpg

2T5A4542.jpg

2T5A4544.jpg

2T5A4545.jpg

2T5A4547.jpg

2T5A4550.jpg

2T5A4554.jpg

2T5A4555.jpg

2T5A4556.jpg

2T5A4563.jpg

2T5A4565.jpg

Sfs.

Now £330 for the complete bike. Will split the groupset if anyone is interested.

Back