F Moser Very Rare Grand Sport Chromovelato 1984 56cm

jamesgardner87

Retro Newbie
Very Rare 1984 F Moser frame with modern components.

Looking to achieve close to £2000 for this. Item can be collected from Exeter or London. Also happy to organise postage.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3000639643

It has been built using modern components to achieve a lightweight and efficient bicycle which can be enjoyably ridden whilst retaining the look, history and craftsmanship of the vintage frame. We have used all silver components to stay faithful to the vintage look.

Equipped with Silver Campagnolo parts, Custom built silver wheels, bars and stem from a Raleigh Rapide and a Brooks B17 Special Saddle.

Custom built H Plus Son Archetype polished silver rims with 32 spoke 3x wheel for the front and a 36 spoke 3x wheel for the rear using silver Sapim Race spokes, brass nipples and polished Novatec F272 silver hubs.

Frame & Fork:
F. Moser San Cristobal - Columbus SL
Headset:
Campagnolo Record 1 Inch Threaded Headset
Stem:
From Raleigh Rapide 80mm
Bars:
From Raleigh Rapide 380mm
Front Brake:
Campagnolo Athena Dual Pivot
Rear Brake:
Campagnolo Athena Dual Pivot
Brake Lever:
Campagnolo Athena
Speed:
Rims:
H Plus Son Archetype (Polished Silver)
Front Hub:
Novatec F272 (Polished Silver)
Rear Hub:
Novatec F272 (Polished Silver)
Spokes:
Silver Sapim Race Spokes
Front Tyre:
Michelin Pro4 Service Course 700x23C
Rear Tyre:
Michelin Pro4 Service Course 700x23C
Seat Post:
Thomson Elite Inline 27.2x250mm (Silver)
Chainset:
Campagnolo 11-speed
Bottom Bracket:
Italian shell
Chain:
Campagnolo Chorus
Cassette:
Campagnolo Chorus
Pedals:
Shimano A530 SPD Road/Touring Pedals (Silver)
Bar Tape:
Brooks (Black)
Saddle:
Brooks B17 Special (Black with copper rivets)
Weight:
9.4kg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
These comments are constructive and not meant as negative.

The frame is nice but is not in pristine condition.
How have you paid over £2000 for the part's used on the build and have you factored in the cost of the F&F ?
What ever the final build cost, you will never recoup that cost when selling.
Anyone who collects Moser frames will not be interested in this build.
If you wish to recoup your build costs, the only way would be to split the build and even then you will struggle.

f&f is frame and forks. As dan mentioned above this will be unlikely to attract Moser fans as the build is a little disjointed with old frame, newer parts, and bars / stem nicked from another bike!

I think if you want to get the most money back then you would have to split.

I am not going to tell you what to sell your bike for, but bear in mind the same frame as yours recently sold twice on ebay - once for £260 and once for £160 - search Moser Cromovelato completed listings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILIER-Style ... SwHo5afCSj

Is similar quality frame, but with high-end period components and is currently £999 or best offer.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Building retro bikes is not something that is easy to make money on or even break even.

Splitting that lot will not help. An Athena groupset is £600 new so that’s only gonna fetch £300 and the frame maybe another £300.

I’ve had this Pinarello for sale for a while, much less money and I’ll probably just end up keeping it. There is definitely a glass ceiling unless something is über special

Pinarello Montello SLX Classic Bike Campag Record Titanium 9 Speed https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2807855257

Re:

Thanks for the advice, I’ve decided to reduce the price to £1695 and see what happens. I’m not willing to split the bike up after such a lot of work designing and building it.

Back