Bianchi 101 Pantani Limited Edition 1998

micbook

Retro Newbie
Hello friends. I am new here but I have more than ... since the late '80s riding a bike. And it's time to put order in the garage.

One of the jewels of the crown is this special edition Bianchi 101 of 1998 in commemoration of the victories of Marco Pantani.
Used but in perfect condition.
5.000£, or 5,635€.

Thank you!.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 3,801
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3,801
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 3,804
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,803
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3,804
  • IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3,569
  • IMG_7873.jpg
    IMG_7873.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 3,569
Even had I the money, I can think of no other bike that would tempt me to spend that sort of cash. But this .... oh yes! Just lovely. GLWS.

Thank you very much for your advice Dave, Guru. I'm going to try it for ... 5,635€, or 5.000£ ??

Re:

ITs a nice bike but £5K is an eye watering asking price... unless it's Pantani's actual bike ;)

FWIW I'd be inclined to pitch it HIGH for openers. After all, if someone WANTS one in a particular size then few and far between. And when will another one come along?

Re:

Its a difficult call really. There are plenty of special bikes for sale in the £5-10,000 range but I'm not sure that they ever sell. In my opinion (and its just my own opinion), its a nice bike but its an aluminium frame and a Campag Record Ti groupset (is it 8 or 9 speed?) and neither of those make it special. Its not quite old enough to be a classic and not eligible for historic events. I have bought and sold a good few classics and I honestly think you'll struggle to do more than £2K. I would love to be wrong because that would make my collection worth more. Good luck with your sale

As a guide, my profile picture is a Pinarello Montello SLX - with the same groupset as yours including the Record Ti seatpost, It has been fully restored and looks perfect. Im about to sell it and, if i'm lucky, it will make £1500

Re:

Regarding the value, I`d have probably paid somewhere in that region for it - alas built up a replica Pantani last year but the 101 limited editions are very hard to find - especially a good rideable example (one reason I had for building one from bare metal was the Bianchoi Alloy`s ability to crack - and mine had, in more than one place).

Great bike - don`t worry about the age - its as retro as it gets - very different from todays bikes and everyone stares as you ride past, fast, on the drops, out of the saddle...

Cheers, Dan.

Latest posts

Back