56cm abilita road bike - made in Dorset! Sold!

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I had this for sale a while back, with a different fork which I later discovered to be potentially unsafe. I've changed the fork and it's back up for sale again

9TndlM1.jpg

some more pictures, from when it was wearing its previous aluminium fork here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=371279

It came to me stored for many years, having obviously been barely used since the fella I got it from acquired it in the early 90s. Frame was neon yellow, but the paint was very battered, so I had it refinished in the purple you see here. Most of the parts were like new, and I even still have many of the manuals for the shimano bits that the PO gave me.

Abilita frames were built by Paul Wilkins in Dorset, he was a licenced 753 builder etc. This one has a cinelli spoiler BB shell, Columbus dropouts. Tubeset is unknown, but my best guess based on weight and tube diameters is 531C. The fork is a half-chromed Rossin Columbus SLX new one from a "Team racing" frameset. I'll also throw in the purple aprebic aluminium fork if you want it, though I strongly recommend you don't ride it

a thread where we did some figuring out of what it was: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=366842

It's a "standard" size 56, 56 ST, 56 TT

Drivetrain is a mix, 105 1050 cranks (which I stripped and polished as the lacquer was crazed), 1055 front derailleur, RX100 shifters and brakes
Wheels are mavic 192's on 1050 105 HG hubs, shod with modern conti tyres. Straight and true, and butter smooth, the only problem is some of the eyelets have become a bit scabby in storage

ITM stem and bars, kalloy seatpost, modern saddle. New cork bar tape.

it's lovely, all the parts are in great working order - rides like a new bike that just happens to be old

I am in Bristol, and I am offering pick up only, i'd like £275 NOW £250

cheers

Keir

Re: 56cm abilita road bike - made in Dorset!

bump

i'm open to offers. I'm in the middle of buying a house and extra cash is always useful

Bump

I'm getting some decals sorted for this at the mo

i got some decals sorted for it.

9TndlM1.jpg

Still for sale at the same price.

bump - this lovely old thing needs a new home where it'll be ridden and loved

£250

Re:

bump

my house needs some electrical work so it'd be good to get this moved

Back