All original Raleigh components

New tyres and new chain

Retro horn added

Attachments

• IMG_9648.JPG
    IMG_9648.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,515
Re:

I've got no axe to grind and I mean this to be helpful, but £50 for that would be a result ! I doubt anyone here would be interested in such a low caliber bike.

As they say "a thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it" so eBay should find you a buyer easily.

Re:

Hey,

No offence taken buddy, of course everyone has their opinions :)

I've put a lot of love into it so this is valuation for it, someone somewhere will see value in this :) I'll have a Raleigh Pursuit up soon too when I'm done with that.

Re: Re:

Gren":ys99vk7t said:
I've got no axe to grind and I mean this to be helpful, but £50 for that would be a result ! I doubt anyone here would be interested in such a low caliber bike.

As they say "a thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it" so eBay should find you a buyer easily.

I guess with selling Retro bikes most customers look or buy on nostalgia as opposed to the actual bike, I sold something similar on EBay to a buyer in Australia who paid for shipping etc I thought it was mad but I've sold less for more mate :)

£250 no - but nostalgic about this as the Raleigh Medale was my first road bike. Went to Bill's Cycles in Camberley and was shown a room full of Bianchi's. Said no, I wanted a Raleigh. The folly of youth...

BigFatAl":1p2suca8 said:
£250 no - but nostalgic about this as the Raleigh Medale was my first road bike. Went to Bill's Cycles in Camberley and was shown a room full of Bianchi's. Said no, I wanted a Raleigh. The folly of youth...

Haha brilliant, that's the kind of story I love hearing! And I've taken this out and it's a sweet ride! Much better than some of the cheaper Alu bikes knocking about at the moment! To be honest I have flirted with the idea of keeping it as a training bike (cadence threshold training etc) although open to offers however I've set the bar high as I do with all the bikes I restore as I have put a lot of love into them and I want them going to a decent home
:)

What ever happened to your Medale Al?

Alas, having ridden it for some time it was passed to my brother. This was circa 1985 when Peugeot Premiere framesets became (for a reason I was never able to fathom) freely available. In those days, when kids were allowed to be kids, a quick trip to Halfords would allow you to purchase a small tin of Nitromors and a can of car touch-up paint - solvent abuse and vandalism could then be pursued separately should one wish. The allure of a smooth brazed French frame, rattle canned in a colour of your choice proved irresistible. Should you have a friend (as I did) working in a bike shop, your frame could then be equipped with a selection of mismatched second-hand components - usually Simplex Retrofriction levers, Shimano 600EX gearset and any old brakes (Modolo seemed best, Weinmann less so). Your crowning glory was a pair of alloy wheels, equipped with the closest ratio block that you could find...

The Medale, I'm afraid was nicked outside a shop in Aldershot...

Re:

Hi Trevor,

It's saying the file is too big to upload but I can take some tomorrow? Or I can try directly email them to you?

Thanks

Lloyd

Back