Raleigh Road Ace 531c (1986) reduced (again) *£260*

Robster914

Retro Guru
Straight out of the catalogue! Nottingham built Road Ace in 531c.

Aside from new tyres (Veloflex) and new brake lever hoods this bike is all original...even has original blue iscaselle saddle.

Pearlescent white with blue highlights. All shimano 600ex except bars which are dura ace ax with 600ax stem and original ambrosia bar tape.

Even has the original bar ends and stem cover, which usually get lost.

Upside is it has the original anodised Weinmann 513 rims. Downside is the rear has a kink that local lbs couldn't dial out so in honesty will need a new rear rim but aside from that it is a beauty.

A few blemishes commensurate with age but I have never seen a better one.

Size is 22.5" Centre of BB to top of seat tube.
Even has original selling bike shop sticker on it!

**£300

Collection only (I am based very close to Reading in Berkshire)

Please do pm me for photos.

Kind regards
Rob

Re: Re:

Robster914":3v9470i7 said:
Hi Road king, a geographical fail on my part, thanks for pointing it out. Advert corrected.

Kind regards
Rob

No worries, it's very nice...assume it's a 22" ctc ?

Rk.

Re:

I may be interested in that fine looking bike....got my eye on a couple of bikes at the moment and I'm off on a bike tour to France at the end of the week, but, that does look rather fine!

Re: Raleigh Road Ace 531c (1986) *PRICE DROP* £350 with Photos

Hi Rob,

Great bike. The concern is sourcing a replacement rim (I can see you tried to locate yourself on retro bike some time ago without success). I have had a look online and cannot locate a replacement Weinmann 513 rim either.

Also the hood would need to be replaced (originals retained of course).

I am looking for a Raleigh of this vintage and ticks all of the boxes aside from the rim. So the question is what other Weinmann rim would be an extremely close match - any ideas?

Regards

Richard

Re: Raleigh Road Ace 531c (1986) *PRICE DROP* £350 with Photos

Hey Rob, is that rim you're looking for the concave version? Can't tell from the pics. If so, I think I have a rear one - quick check in the shed tonight will confirm. It's in pretty good condition (if it's the correct sort!) and wired to a Malliard hub. Am also Reading-based so pretty simple meet/check if that helps?
Superb bike btw
cheers
Richard

Back