Abilita withdrawn from sale

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've had my fun with this, time for it to find a new home.

It came to me stored for many years, having obviously been barely used since the fella I got it from acquired it in the early 90s. Frame was neon yellow, but the paint was very battered, so I had it refinished in the purple you see here. Most of the parts were like new, and I even still have many of the manuals for the shimano bits that the PO gave me.

Abilita frames were built by Paul Wilkins in Dorset, he was a licenced 753 builder etc. This one has a cinelli spoiler BB shell, Columbus dropouts. Tubeset is unknown, but my best guess based on weight and tube diameters is 531C. The fork is aluminium, but it's been with the frame for over 2 decades, so I decided it could stay.

I did a bundle of figuring out what it might be in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=366842

It's a "standard" size 56, 56 ST, 56 TT

Drivetrain is a mix, 105 1050 cranks (which I stripped and polished as the lacquer was crazed), 1055 front derailleur, RX100 shifters and brakes
Wheels are mavic 192's on 1050 105 HG hubs, shod with modern conti tyres. Straight and true, and butter smooth, the only problem is some of the eyelets have become scabby in storage

ITM stem and bars, kalloy seatpost, modern saddle. New cork bar tape.

it's lovely, all the parts are in great working order - rides like a new bike that just happens to be old

I am in Bristol, and I am offering pick up only

cheers

Keir

W0YQwy3.jpg

HQyormm.jpg

1vnjhqy.jpg

hJcAxki.jpg

pAet8tN.jpg

ECTcRwx.jpg

eIa7bJs.jpg

aZ8UE5U.jpg

ixXvy6q.jpg

5X0olvK.jpg

02dNt7v.jpg

97TboKH.jpg

Re: Late eighties Abilita english handbuilt road bike £275

I'm open to reasonable offers. Unfortunately I can't ship, but i'm happy enough to travel to up and down the M4 or M5 for a bit at weekends for a (reasonable) fee

Re: Late eighties Abilita english handbuilt road bike £275

Bump

I'm willing to move a bit on the price

Back